1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDfab causes machine to hang/crash

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by spikyface, Oct 23, 2004.

1. spikyface

spikyface Member

I've been trying to use DVDFab to split a DVD-9 into 2 DVD-5s.

I've been using the guide from doom9.net and everything is ok until I hit "process".

The program keeps running until it locks up the entire computer and it becomes so unresponsive I have to hit the reset button.

After resetting I check the folders where the two folders will be and there are a couple of 200 meg files in each. This is after running the program for well over two hours. I'm using a AMD athlon (running at 1300 Mhz, it's a 2000 XP+) with 400Mb of SDRAM and there is about 14 gig free on the drive so that's not it. I'm using windows XP with SP2 and have NT file system.

I also tried IFOedit and it did the same thing.

I could shrink the dvd with DVDShrink (as I've done this before and it's worked) but there would a big loss of quality as there are no real extras (it's a episodic DVD).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. sunshin

sunshin Member

3. spikyface

spikyface Member

Damn, can't believe I made such a rookie mistake, thanks geez.

I was using v0.17, downloaded the latest version now.

I used DVD Shrink in the meantime to compress those dvds and I didn't notice any loss in quality.

How is this possible? Shrinking a dvd from 8 to 4.7 gig should make it visibly worse, but there doesn't seem to be any difference.