1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDfab Clone feature question

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by splashdwn, Dec 14, 2007.

1. splashdwn

splashdwn Member

I've been using DVDfab to decrypt DVDs to my hard drive for some time and I have an LG dual layer burner so I just burn the files from my hard drive to my Verbatim dual layer discs using Nero at 4X (unless of course they're small enough to fit on a 4.7Gb disc). Everything has gone fine, but my most recent discs do not want to play in my standalone Sony DVD VCR combo - they just say loading, but never start. This player has always been very picky, but most of the time the original DVD will play in it, just not the copy. They play fine in my cheap Polaroid personal DVD player and the discs are good quality so I'm not sure what's happened. Anyway, I'm wondering if upgrading to DVDfab Platinum to get the Clone option and skip the step of putting the files on my hard drive may help? or I should probably just get a less fussy standalone DVD player? If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears....

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I don't think its a program problem. two things you could try burn at 2.4x instead of 4x or try booktyping the DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM if that doesn't work i would say get another dvd player thats less picky

3. Padmay

Padmay Member

can anyone help me. I have 2 pioneer burners and I have used dvdfab for ages. but all of sudden I can't get any movie it burns to play on anything including the pc, I have 2 new computers with the latest nvidia video cards and duel amd cpu's, but my friend is still using fab with an older computer fine. I got around it sort off by getting fab to use Nero to burn its fine but I can't control the burn speed with nero burnung for fab. I just dont understant what went wrong. or how to fix it

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

dvdfab decrypter doesn't have a burn engine dvdfab platinum does and you can control the burn speed. you want to burn at 8x max with quality media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim. sounds like your process is incorrect. use this thread for the correct method to backup your DVDs

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/622748

5. Padmay

Padmay Member

I am shrinking some movies only with dvdfab platinum 4055v I only use this some times but now I can't get it to burn a movie that anything can read, so I make it use nero to burn after it has shrunk the movie. it used to work, my friend is using it and has no problem. I would think it must be something with the newer systems maybe I dont know. it just wont do a movie that anything can read including my pc. I used to always just let it use its own burner vso burning. but now I can't I know how to burn, I have been doing it for years. its just this is not something I Have ever come occross. I just thought some out there might have the same problem.

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

try a clean reinstall

7. Padmay

Padmay Member

Do you mean of the computer system itself or just the program? I have just done a clean install or foramt on my other computer, and tried again with fab but with no luck, that is, letting fab use its own vso burning software did not work out. But letting it use nero is fine, it burns ok, I have no idea what to do. :)
    when it uses vso burning it does burn the disc, but nothing can read it. I think I will give up and just let it use nero. I only use it when I find a dvd with that 3 minutes of black that shrink finds redundent, so thanks for all your help. anyway, just another mistery for me.

8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

a clean reinstall of dvdfab platinum

dvdfab platinum has its own burning engine why are you using nero

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  9. Padmay

Padmay Member

My God thats what this is about, when I use vso burning in fab it burns dvds that nothing can read, including my pc or any dvd player I have in the house. and I dont know why, it used to work fine. thats what I put up this help. to find out why it is happening. when I make fab use nero as that choice is in there, it burns a dvd that everything can use, and that would be fine but when fab platinum used nero to burn it wont let me choose the speed to burn at I dont like to burn faster than 6 or 8 but nero burns flat out. thats why I am trying to fing out why the vso burning in fab is not doing what its supposed to do. it looks like I might have to try another program

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

i have no idea why dvdfab platinum wouldn't burn right but if your using nero to burn instead set the target in dvdfab platinum to write an ISO to your HDD, then open up nero and set your burn speed no higher then 8x and burn the file

11. Padmay

Padmay Member

can you help do that, that is so good I wish I had thought of it. But I can't find were to do it. can you help me?

12. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

click the folder beside the Target drop down box a chose your C Drive or even you Desktop as i did here

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  13. Padmay

Padmay Member

thanks so much I will do that, as I can't find any other way to use it thanks again. great suggestion