1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdfab dcrypter the shrink?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by daltonr_5, Mar 5, 2007.

1. daltonr_5

daltonr_5 Member

after dvdfab decrytper finished successfully how do i burn it with dvd shrink?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Open your file in DVD Shrink. It depends on whether your output from DVDFab is ISO or Video_TS (File mode). Shrink has separate commands for Files, Disc, and Disc Image (ISO). There's guides on how to use DVD Shrink here at AD and other sites. Some of the guides at http://www.dvdshrink.info are interactive, with pictures, so you can get off to a quick start.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'd suggest you delete what you have (except DVDFab Decrypter) and use this setup.

http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=aioinstallers&showtopic=7

RipIt4Me AIO
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/60656/download/AIO_v3.0.zip

imgburn
    http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

It installs all you need and you can use ImgBurn as the burner. The Shrink in this version supports Imgburn as a supported burner instead of DVD Decrypter. Shrink is a transcoder and doesn't burn by itself. It uses supported burners to burn the output. Use the RipIt4Me in 1-Click mode and don't rip in the ISO rip mode. The files will automatically open in Shrink, use Shrink as per instructions and select ImgBurn as the burner option in the Backup Window in Shrink. Click backup and the burn options window opens. Before using, open ImgBurn and set the burn speed to 6X or 8X. It's in the opening window of the program on the right. Once set it should remain set. Close everything, open Ripit4Me, open files with 1-Click, click Next when it darkens and wait for the files to open in Shrink. The files will be on the hard drive, you'll need to delete after use.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Here is a guide with some pictures to help you out. It is basically it is an easy to follow guide of the whole process and seeing how you already have the Movie ripped to your hard drive just skip to the second part of the guide and you should be good to go :)
    The DVDFab,FixVTS,Shrink, ImageBurn Guide

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

daltonr_5

bbmayo has good guides and if you want to hang with DVDFab Decrypter, no foul there either. DVDIdle makes good software. Note though that FixVTS is part of the solution. RipIt4Me incorporates that. The 1-Click decryption with RipIt4Me and the files opening in Shrink simplify the process. The software I noted provides a seamless process for doing the job and the version of Shrink supports the updated freeware burner, ImgBurn.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

@ bbmayo
    Do you have a guide for RipIt4Me (incorporates FixVTS) + DVD Shrink + ImgBurn?

I noticed your guide has the user creating an ISO and using ImgBurn to burn that. The software I suggested supports ImgBurn, so the user can use the option to create an ISO and burn with ImgBurn automatically. Might be something you want to add to your guide. I know it would require a rewrite, but it would be a lot more simple for the users.

[​IMG]

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Pacman777,

That shouldn't be a problem to do at all, and thanks. I will mention you in the guide :) Infact if you don't mind I will Name it Pacman777's Guide to backing up DVD Movie or something like that. What do you think?

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Sounds flattering. LOL More honor than I deserve for only pointing out some software changes. Just so I'll be a part of the job, I hope you'll allow me to review the new guide before it goes public. Do you intend to use RipIt4Me as the ripper in your guide?

A lot of people aware of the software figure everyone else already knows. Hopefully your guides will get the info out to the newbies. I've seen the updated Shrink come as the exe file to replace the one in the Shrink program to the full installer with the ImgBurn support. With Shrink it makes burning with the upgraded ImgBurn a lot easier, irregardless of the software used to rip. You'll either need a reliable link to the upgraded software or host it yourself. Many sites still host the original 3.2 that supports DVD Decrypter as a burner.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I will just host that version myself it will make it easier, and of course it will use RipIt4Me. I already have a guide at my site on RipIt4Me process, but it dosent include this version of DVDShrink. So it won't take much just to alter that guide a little. So if you have a look at that and can see some changes you would like besides incorporating this version of Shrink then PM me :) I really have no problem putting your name on the guide or anyone elses for that matter I just put my sight there to help everyone here at AD and in fact the more input I can get for this stuff the better because I just don't seem to have the time anymore to keep up with everything.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Let me know when you get the new guide ready. I'm dumb enough to get a guide to where most anyone can understand it. LOL I don't mind helping at all. If I had better software to label my screen captures, I might be able to help set up a small guide.

I'll have to check out your RI4M guide. RipIt4Me changed things when they incorporated the FixVTS in the 1.7.0.0 version. Hopefully your guide shows the Wizard, but emphasizes the 1-Click mode does the whole processing job and is easiest for novices and powerful enough for the accomplished user. I don't know how to categorize myself, but I often use 1-Click with RI4M. ;)