1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab, DVD Shrink, and Nero 7...good combination?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 1000Plus, Oct 21, 2007.

1. 1000Plus

1000Plus Guest

Ok so I use DVDFab to decrypt dvds, dvd shrink to of course shrink them and make them fit on a 4.7gb dvd, then use nero 7 ultimate (the burning rom part of it)click create dvd_video, and simply drag the video_ts files onto the nero video folder and burn!

Does anyone know of a more effective way to back-up dvds, I know the way I'm doing it the movies come out pretty clear and they even play on playstation and xbox as other ways I have tried they don't play in the playstation or xbox, only on selected players, this way seems to be working just fine but I'm wondering if there is a better way? Maybe get a little better quality and make it so it's just like the original meaning it will play in virtually any dvd player with no problems at all.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

2. JaguarGod

JaguarGod Active member

Personally I like to use ImgBurn over Nero, but Nero will do the trick as well.

Your compatibility problem could be and probably is related to low disc quality. I recommend using Taiyo Yuden discs, but most people also recommend Verbatim.

Also, for the PS2, the older models tend to like DVD-R more than DVD+R. What you can do is see if your DVD burnder can booktype DVD+R to DVD-ROM and this should help a lot.

For now, it would help if you list what your DVD Burner is, what type/brand/speed DVDs you use, and also what speed you burn at. There are many members of Afterdawn that can help you out with your problem after you post this information. They may also suggest a Firmware upgrade.

Cheers!

3. 1000Plus

1000Plus Guest

Thanks for the Reply.

I use Memorex DVD-R 16x DVDs, I record at 4x or 6x, the brand of my DVD burner is Matshita BD-MLT SW-5582

4. david66

david66 Regular member

stay away from memorex media your best bet is Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden also make sure your firmware for your burner is up to date

5. 1000Plus

1000Plus Guest

Why do you say stay away from memorex?

Also how do I update the firmware? I have a Sony Vaio computer, shouold I go to their website to see if they have an update or where?

6. 1000Plus

1000Plus Guest

Also where can I buy the cheapest verbatim or Taiyo Yuden

7. david66

david66 Regular member

Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden can be had from Rima.com Memorex is very poor media it is produced by CMC Magnetics and there quality is very poor I just got 100 Taiyo Yuden for 38.00 from Rima.com Go to sony web site to see if there is a firmware update or you can go to The firmware page.com and if there is a new firmware update they will have it you will need the model # of your burner

8. david66

david66 Regular member

the newest firmware for your drive is 8102 you can get the firmeare from the firmware page.com