1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab HD Decrypter Problems -- Please help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lovedogs, Sep 22, 2007.

1. lovedogs

lovedogs Member

I've searched much of this site for the solution to my problem but can't seem to find it, so I'm sorry if you've seen this question before...

After following the guide posted in one of forums, I'm still having problems with the first step (DVDFab) of burning DVD's. When I insert my disk to be copied and load DVDFabHDDecrypter, it shows that it's scanning my disk. But instead of popping up with the title of the movie in the "Source" box (like the guide shows), it constantly says "Please insert DVD disk or choose DVD folder/image file." I've tried 3 different DVD's and the same problem arises.

Any help would be much appreciated!

2. JVC

JVC Active member

It sounds more like the drive isn't recognizing the disc, more than the software. Try this:
    Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.
    If that doesn't work, see if there's a firmware update for your drive(s).
    Maybe someone else will have other suggestions...........
    Good luck!

3. lovedogs

lovedogs Member

Just tried uninstall/install drive, but still the same issue..

4. usmcdi

usmcdi Member

Are you still having a problem ?

5. lovedogs

lovedogs Member

problem resolved! thank you!

6. JVC

JVC Active member

What resolved it?
    Let others know please, so if they have the same problem, they can fix it......... :eek:)

7. lovedogs

lovedogs Member

Well, this is pretty dumb on my part...I was using a friend's desktop computer to burn DVD's and just assumed that this computer had a DVD drive. It is only CD friendly. (Don't all the new computers come with a DVD drive nowadays??) Needless to say, I'm not the most computer literate person...thanks for all the help though. I was able to burn it using my own laptop. Works just fine...