1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab HD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by essay55, May 6, 2007.

1. essay55

essay55 Regular member

I downloaded this software and when I open it up I get a message thats says, "ANYDVD is detected. You need to disable ANYDVD to make DVDFab work correctly". Why is this and what should I do? I enabled AnyDVD off and the error message still comes up. Also, I need a simple "how to" guide for DvdDab HD Decrypter. Any ideas where to go? Thanks for the help in advance.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

AnyDVD might conflict with DVDFab so instead of disabling AnyDVD right click on the red fox and click exit.

Here's a guide using DVDFab, vobblanker and Shrink. VobBlanker is not always needed so you can skip this part unless Shrink gives you an error.
    guide

3. essay55

essay55 Regular member

Thanks Binkie! Do you suggest disabling "auto run", as the guide calls for? Also, any tips on how to clean up the hard drive? Do I defrag? If so, how do I implement the defrag? Thanks in advance!

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome essay55
    Yes I do recommend disabling auto run.
    One good thing about AnyDVD is when it's on it does this for you.

So if you don't want to mess with the registry (not hard if you do follow the steps in the guide but just be careful) just have AnyDVD when you insert the dvd. Let it read the DVD then turn it off and open DVDFab.
    Oh and soon AnyDVD will be releasing a new update. This update should finally take care of those Sony's that gave Shrink w/ AnyDVD a problem.
    They have a beta version out now.

To clean up the hard drive you can use the windows utility - disc cleanup (start>all programs>accessories>system tools).
    I use ccleaner. Great free tool that's does a better job than windows. Cleaning the registry of obsolete entries is also a good idea too. Ccleaner does this too. Use the cleaner and issues option.

Now the disc defrag do that too - ripping dvd's can really fragment the hard drive. Same place as disc cleanup - just pick disc defragmenter instead.