1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab HD Decrytor!!!! Urgent help!!!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by sweeto10, Nov 20, 2007.

1. sweeto10

sweeto10 Member

Im using DVDFab HD Decryter to rip some of my DVDs, but Ive got this one DVD which rips well until 45% and then it slows down bigtime, ive got 8 hours remaining left. What could this mean??? DVD Shrink refused to read this disc.

Could this mean that the disc has some latest protection on it, and DVDFAb is just ripping it much slower than usual!!!!!????

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

What version of DVDFab HD Decrypter are you using? Get the latest release here:

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

It could also be a bad disc that you are trying to rip as in scratched, dirty etc. or even a bad press from the factory. What is the name of the movie?

3. sweeto10

sweeto10 Member

I think Im using version 3.1.0, but im trying to rip some latest bollywood movie, i've just bought it brand new. Im also trying to rip monster house, thats doing the same, gets very slow on 35%. I'll try to download latest version anyway, and well take it from there. CHEERS!!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  4. sweeto10

sweeto10 Member

Ive downloaded the latest version of FaB version 4.0.1.2, and its still the same thing is happening(slows down at 45%). Ive checked the dvd files, its ONE file called VOB_2_3 wheres it struggles to progress. Ive tried Shrink again, no luck. Any other ideas???

5. jony218

jony218 Guest

When my dvd's slow down while being ripped it's always been scratched or dirty. The best thing to do is wash the dvd in warm water and handsoap. When you dry it do it from the inside to outside "don't dry it in circles" . Many times this will fix the problem. If that doesn't work try ripping it on another dvdrom (some dvdroms put out more laser power to read the dvd better) . If that don't work try just ripping the movie only, maybe the corrupt section is on trailer/commercial section of the dvd.