1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab HD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by katpeeler, Jan 16, 2011.

1. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

Im trying to backup my BR collection with DVDFab into MKV format but cant seem how to make the MKV file smaller. PLEASE can someone help me??......The files are the same size as the original even with me selecting "Main Movie" its still about 27Gs....

2. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

No one has any ideas??...Ive looked in the "backup" thread but cant find my answer...Will Handbrake do this??..If so what would the settings be for it

3. keebles

keebles Regular member

Did you try ripping it first as 720p (dvd5) and then re-encoding it to mkv?
    I always rip mine to 720p (dvd5) and then re-encode them to avchd mp4 using enchd_1.2.221.0. I usually get a 2-3gb file with it and the movie is in hd

4. tyler04

tyler04 Member

thank you for your post its a great help for me as newbie

5. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

Are you saying rip it with DVDFab using settings for 720p (dvd5)??..Will the output file be ISO??? Im confused...I was wanting my end result be a MKV file that is around 2-4G's..Thanx for the reply

6. keebles

keebles Regular member

When dvdfab is done ripping your blu ray to an iso format, click finished and eject your blu ray. Then click on blu ray ripper and do a drag and drop of the iso into dvdfab(if your version supports it). then select mkv for your output format. It should re-encode the blu ray to mkv format that should be under 4gb

7. keebles

keebles Regular member

When dvdfab is done ripping your blu ray to an iso format, click finished and eject your blu ray. Then click on blu ray ripper and do a drag and drop of the iso into dvdfab(if your version supports it). then select mkv for your output format. It should re-encode the blu ray to mkv format that should be under 4gb

8. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

I ripped with dvdfab and got a AVCHD video about 4g's...Also I cant seem to get rid of the DVDFab watermark in the top left corner....PLUS there is naration (not subtitles)that I cant get rid of...Any suggestions??

9. keebles

keebles Regular member

Are you running a purchased copy of dvd fab? Demos will leave a water mark. You have to also select only the audio track that you want. If you select every track on the blu ray, it will combine all the tracks together.