1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFAB HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by doobie23, Feb 11, 2007.

1. doobie23

doobie23 Member

I have been using dvdfab for a while but recently I have been running into problems. It will let me do a few movies and then it starts working very slowly and then freezes. When start it up and click main movie it give me an estimated time of 1 to 2 hours. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've even done a system restore. No matter what I do I still get the same thing. Anyone know whats going on or how I can fix this?

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

First thing u should do is check if ur DMA is in PIO mode, heres a guide on how to do that

Second u should do a defrag of ur PC, DVDFab is known to not work well when the drive is really fragmented.

What version of DVDFab r u using? 3080 is the newest version which should be able to rip any dvd out there, even the new ones.

Also what dvds r u trying to rip?

3. doobie23

doobie23 Member

Thanks so much! I do have the newest version. I was trying to rip Flyboys and Grudge 2. I even tried an old one, Blow. But I did go though the guide and so far so good. Thanks a lot. It was starting to drive me crazy!

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

i also would recommend running a defrag too.

5. cartjunky

cartjunky Member

Just as an f.y.i, DVDFAB now has an option to reset DMA.

6. doobie23

doobie23 Member

I tried resetting it through dvdfab and it didnt work. I had to do it the other way.