1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdfab help please!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by aguy1222, Dec 26, 2011.

1. aguy1222

aguy1222 Member

I'm new to blu ray movies copying and ripping, I use dvdfab blu ray to copy or rip blu ray movies to mkv files, my question is, when I make a main movie copy and save it to the hard drive a movie only comes out to about 28 gb, but when I rip it to mkv format it takes like 4 hrs and it comes out to only 5 gb of the movie only, I save the mkv movie onto a hard drive to view on my ps3 but I notice the quality loss when I rip to mkv, what is the best way to rip a blu ray movie and get full quality to view on the ps3? Please help, also how would I go to make copies of full blu ray movie discs

2. jploo

jploo Member

I am not using DVDFab's product so I cant compare the quality but I am using VSO Software's Blu-ray Converter. I convert to AVI HD format and like what I am getting with that and I know the software has outputs for PS3s and MKVs.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

There's no such thing as AVI HD Format,what you must mean is you convert AVI to AVCHD

@AGUY122
    You would need to manually set dvdfabs output of the resulting encoded file,this requires dropping it's bitrate & possibly it's resolution,if i was in your position i'd cut a segment out & try different settings till i got what i wanted,cutting a piece out would save time say a 3 minute segment or perhaps more

Not sure if these will do the job if fab fails
    Format Factory-free
    AVS Video Converter-not sure if free or not

4. maruzo

maruzo Member

Hi everyone, can you share your movie compression % and the time it took to encode using Dvdfab?

I am using a gt 220 and enabled software+cuda encoding. Disabled lightening recoding.

The movie is phantom menace and compressing at 73%. My time is 13 hours and counting. 0.87mb/s.

I tried running the compression with lightening recoding enabled. The time was drastically short: 2hr50 min. But i get the dreaded video stutter.

Running windos 7. Cpu E7500 Core2Duo, and Dvdfab 8.1.6.0.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

start your own thread,be sure the title is descriptive & reflects what you want,then in the post include as much detail,like size of file your attempting to encode,is it just a movie or a full dvd including menu,how many languages are there etc,13 hours seems awfully long unless it's bluray,hand brake or vidcoder might be a better option,memeber attar would be the person best fit to help

6. Roger50111

Roger50111 Member

Try a different version of dvd fab.