1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvdFab looks better than Slysoft now

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by taylor30, Feb 17, 2007.

1. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

With Slysoft increasing their prices DvdFab looks like the way to go. If you get DvdFab Gold for $39.95 you can do the same thing as the Slysoft team (AnyDvd/CloneDvd2) for much less.

http://www.dvdfab.com

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  2. kringles

kringles Regular member

With current coupon the AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 (Note; not including AnyDVD HD) combination is $58. Don't know about DvdFab since I never tried it but currently use a combination of AnyDVD, DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink or CloneDVD2 depending on the backup. Have had not problems with this combination other than an occasional wait because a new copy protection scheme requires an AnyDVD update. BTW all of the decrypters require periodic updates like this, some more often than others.

If you want less cost consider the free combo of Ripit4me, DVD Shrink, FixVTS and DVD Decrypter!

regards

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Then let us know how well it works for you....

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@kringles

AnyDVD is out with version6.1.2.3 which also includes AnyDVD HD free of charge with the update. Still not working with Shrink, but does with Nero Recode.

5. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

DVDFab may be cheaper but they never seem to offer discounts and I don't see them supporting the decryption and ripping of HD content at all. Seems to me the SlySoft products are the superior products.

6. kringles

kringles Regular member

@garmoon,

AnyDVD HD is not free, there is one program but if you own the current AnyDVD you have to pay an upgrade fee ($30) to get a new license that enables the new HD features. If you don't upgrade your old license will give you the current AnyDVD ('classic' - no HD) functionality. If you upgade you will have access to all features and the old license will be deactivated per Slysoft). I have not upgraded yet as I do not have a HD DVD drive. I believe that one could remove the current AnyDVD key (rename in registry) and use AnyDVD HD as a trial (21 days) during the Beta period.

regards

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Thanks I didn't know that. they won't get extra money from me tho.

8. taylor30

taylor30 Regular member

I'm not knocking Slysoft they are very good at what they do. I own Anydvd myself but I'm glad I bought it before the $10 price hike. It seems though they are trying to compensate buyers for the high price with all the recent discounts.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yesterday I played around with ZOOM alot and DVD Fab Decrypter had no problems with this movie in conjunction with Shrink. AnyDVD still not working with this movie.