1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Passkey ???

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by born2ride, Mar 13, 2010.

1. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

Anyone playing around with this? Likes or dis like?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

I am, and I gotta say flat out "DVDFAB PASSKEY" works. I was just passing by the DVDFAB site and stumbled upon it. It's DVDFAB's version of AnyDVD and I'm impressed. It works better than AnyDVD on LIONSGATE DVD releases as it pertains to changing the DVD navigation so far, as PASSKEY while active and burning my titles using CloneDVD2 will allow your LIONSGATE title to begin from main menu. AnyDVD does not. It also handles Disney titles better so far and for the same reasons. I own AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, and CloneCD, all are great programs and my opinion here is not for bashing SLYSOFT. I love their products.

It's good that FENGTAO the people behind DVDFAB has seriously thrown their hat into the ring and thus adding a level of normalcy to the hobby of backing up your DVD and BD collections by being another supporting DVD & BD decryption software maker. FENGTAO by way of their forums rules and extreme monitoring of forum topics seems to seriously despise SLYSOFT. SLYSOFT is the bar, I accept this but again I do appreciate FENGTAO for their products too. So far they make the best no hassle free, does what it advertises, BD back up software i.e. BD burning software. PASSKEY is in it's beta phase right now but I will be purchasing it once it makes it's retail debut.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  4. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I just downloaded and tried it twice on 2 different simple DVDs and no dice. Even the new DVDFab Beta didn't go. Meanwhile their latest stable DVDFab 6 version works fine. Many posts from different users on this so it's not my system as I would not think we all have the same PCS and SW installed.

I'm getting this Password though once it gets ironed out. You are 100% correct imo that something like this to use w/another sw is the way to go.

I hate Betas as more than not they have never really panned out for me. As soon as I saw this though I hopped on it. I had emailed Fab many times a bit back about a On The Fly proggie. Maybe others did as well. If so glad they listened.

I have Plat but there's something I always liked about a on the fly decrypter when it works. Insert, click. copy and burn!

5. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

When I get a chance I will give it a go...

6. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Thnx. It would be good to see how others fair and start some troubleshooting. I hit their Forum already but after reading several posts w/different users having same problem it made no sense to join the debate iykwim.

Looks nice though. Fab reminds me of AMD waiting until Pentium comes out w/w/e and then coming out w/their stuff. Kind of wise business move really.

7. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

I've used it so far on several future retail release DVD titles with no problem combined with CloneDVD2. Remember to disable AnyDVD and any other "ON A FLY" decrypters you have currently installed on your PC. FENGTAO maintains that if other "ON A FLY" software's are left enabled with PASSKEY the result is unpredictable....my experience with this program has shown that PASSKEY is non-responsive if AnyDVD is left enabled. I have XP MEDIA and WINDOWS 7 64-BIT on both PC's DVDFAB PASSKEY has worked fine.

8. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I don't have AnyDVD or any other On The Fly decrypters. I just have DVDFab last stable version of Fab. Not even the new 7 Beta worked. I uninstalled some proggies that I might of thought would cause issues but nothing.

I'm not the only one. The Fab Forum has many w/this problem. Prolly some guys from here too. They also have the same problem w/the Fab 7 Beta. They've gone as far as doing clean installs and everything. Tried different computers as well. So there's something not right.

I learned a while back not to go nuts tracking down the culprit. If the fellas on Fab's Forum who are most likely more advanced than me can't figure it out I sure won't. It's still Beta so Fengtao will pull this off. I sent 2 emails concerning both the 7 Beta and Password to them.

How could Fab 6 work and not this? Have you taken a peep at Fab's Forum on this? You prolly know some of the guys there.

9. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

Just ran two different dvd's using nero and dvd shrink.. no problems

10. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

I have no clue why some of us are having issues. We are though. I posted in Fab's Forum. Fengtao of course has seen these posts and I'm sure is on it. I've tried all the suggestions and even my own troubleshooting. No dice.

I envy both of you and the others for being able to play w/it. I'm getting it no matter what. Just have to wait till I can use it.

I have 7 x64 Home Premium on my both builds. 1 DDR2. The other DDR3. Same proggies and same issues. At least the latest DVDFab 6 works and on both builds as well.

You guys are more advanced users. Any ideas let me know I'll try them out. From experience though I just let it ride out cause trying to find the missing link is sometimes more aggravating than just waiting until the authors straighten it out.

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I haven't used Passkey so know nothing about it, but maybe it's your 64bit of Win7 that's not playing ball.

12. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

I am running xp still.. I will try on my vista machine next, but neither are 64bit i believe..

13. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Well it's suppose to be x64 ready, especially the latest Fab Beta 7, and that's not playing ball either. Haven't received word from Fab yet, although should soon.

Try that Passkey out if you'd like creaky. I like it and the interface. Long over due as I had suggested this about a year ago to them. Glad they came through. Nothing like just using your own Copy proggie On The Fly and gettin it done.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I just got this last week. I tried Alice I W with Nero Recode-it wouldn't begin to read the disc. However cloneDVD did a fine job and burned correctly. I'll play with some more titles with recode and I'll try shrink.

15. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

Ok everything's fine w/Passkey. I usually use it w/1clickdvdcopy. Only thing that needs work unless they fixed it, is that it'll read the burnt disc unless it's ejected as well as the source disc as well. I'm using the latest beta so prolly it's still haven't been addressed.

It was suggested to me to turn it off after the copying which does the job. So hopefully Fengtao will polish this part up and make it ready for official release.

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Tried Avatar with Passkey and it would not work with shrink, Recode, DVDDecrypter. It did work with ImgBurn and DVDNext Copy(strange)

17. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

I did Avatar with latest copy of DVDFAB 7 (just the movie) no problem.

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I did Avatar the day it came out with AnyDVD. I am just experimenting with passkey and I picked Avatar to try it on. Thanks for the help anyway. :)

19. LWFJester

LWFJester Member

I'm having a hard time with this as well. I've been burning DVDs since I could get my hands on a burner and I can't seem to get this one (Alice in Wonderland).
    I have DVDFab 7 which would not rip the disc by itself. Downloaded Passkey..which reads it, and gets rid of all of the 'bad stuff' but when I start DVDFab, it sees the disc, asks me what region the disk is, and when I click "1" and then "ok" it scan for like 5 seconds and then resets itself. I've restarted the PC 3 times. I tried using DVD shrink straight from Passkey...and Shrink at least sees the disk, but then errors with "a problem with DVD navagation". I only have one disk drive on this PC so i rip the HDD then do my thing and replace the movie with a blank disk and burn....you think that's the problem? Any other free rippers I could try?

Thanks so much for the help.

20. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

If you're using Passkey you don't need DVDFab 7. The latest DVDFab 7 should do the job if I'm not mistaken. Passkey I haven't tried w/anything new lately, but either search or maybe one of the guys can say if it'll do it.

I mainly use 1clickdvdcopy which is continuously updated to support any new flics as well. Together w/Passkey it works fine w/me as does ImgBurn. Once it's ripped w/out any problems the newly ripped copy should burn w/out any issues whatsoever w/a burning/copying app.like ImgBurn etc..

I started using more updated burning/copying apps. that have continued support since I have 7 x64. You could stay w/XP if you wish, though the writing's been on the wall since Vista. Post your specs etc... maybe I or one of the more experienced guys will help you straighten this out.

21. dmerrick

dmerrick Regular member

I ripped and copied Alice in Wonderland with the newest DVDFab7 and then Shrink and burned with Nero the first day. No problems. Don't try to get anything except the movie. The extras will always complicate copying. Update your DVDFab if you have not already.

After DVDFab, Shrink will bring it down to size and Nero will burn your new disc.