1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDfab to Vidora (Ipod) & Image Burn

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nanook07, Mar 5, 2007.

1. nanook07

nanook07 Member

Wondering how I do this...

I currently use DVD decrypter to rip movies in and then use Videora to convert to IPod format. Then to creat a backup of the DVD...I use the guide given here DVDfab, dvdshrink, Image burn.

But I am essentially ripping in the movie twice. One for Ipod format process (DVD decrypter, Videora) and one for the backup
    DVD copy process (DVD fab, dvdshrink, Imageburn).

Question is...how do I use DVDfab, to rip in one version of the movie that can be converted to Ipod format (via Videora) and also converted to make a backup DVD(via DVDshrink then Imageburn)?

any ideas?

Thanks!!

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Why not just rip with DVDFab Decrypter.

Then you can use those files to create your backup in shrink. Your files that you ripped w/ DVDFab will still be on your hard drive after that and you can then just use Videora on them. There is no need to rip the DVD twice that is just a waste of time and space on your har drive. I also say use DVDFab Decrypter instead of DVD Decrypter because it is newer and updated often.

3. nanook07

nanook07 Member

DVD Fab rips in multiple files...whereas DVD Decrypter seems to rip in only one main file. When using DVDFab..how do I know which file to use for loading into Videora for conversion?

for example...i ripped in a movie recently using DVD fab. at the end there were two folders.. a Video_ts folder & and Audio folder. I then opened Videora and looked into the Video_TS folder to import and there were three or four files that were 1 gig...so I did not know which one to bring into Videora.

when I use dvd decrypter it seems to rip in only one main file?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

DVDFab will rip as an ISO just like Decrypter. Instead of clicking on the little folder where it shows your "Target" click the little disc icon to the right of that.
    [​IMG]

You can also use the files by just selecting everything in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  5. nanook07

nanook07 Member

thanks...but once I do this (save as an ISO file)...that solves my Videora issue but how do I then use the ISO file to go through the remainder of my DVD Backup process? (see below)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

again..thanks so much!

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

In Shrink you just select "File" and "Open ISO" or Open Image I can't remember off the top of my head what it says but it is one of those.