1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdfab

Discussion in 'Software discussion' started by rtrg, Apr 12, 2017.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Is dvdfab 8,9,10 FREE to use forever without registration or bother with a trial? I looked for the term FREE in the download link but was delivered a TRIAL requiring activation/registration not to mention paying for it? I am using WINXDVD but it has decryption limitations.

2. syxguns

syxguns Active member

DVDFab Free scroll down to where is says "Free Stuff" and download DVDFab HD Decrypter. That is not trial base software, but it is also not updated as often as the paid version.

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I found a free version and it indeed works. The issue is that I cannot find a way to merge all the individual files into one. In addition 3 types of files are extracted, BUP, IFO, TS(a/v). There is NOT a simple thumbnail generated that when opened will open the entire file. In addition the TS VIDEO does not display video reliably, sometimes audio only. I tried others which do not work at all. I finely found WINX PLATUM. The free version also does not work. The 2 free PAVTUBE apps DO work. I think I will stick with that. I bought a PLATINUM dvd from EBAY assuming it will include a licence. The app I have now is only a TRIAL. If PAV proves to be reliable that is what I will use sending the file to open in any player I have. Tech is more complicated than it needs to be, as always.

4. syxguns

syxguns Active member

I don't know if this was stated earlier to you but when you go a free route you sometimes have to use multiple programs to get the job done. I use to rip with DVDDecrypter, then edit with VobBlanker, and then run my product through DVDShrink. I would then burn the VIDEO_TS folder to DVD.

However, a free program called handbrake (link is there) will allow you to create an MP4 as well as many other file formats. In my opinion if you want an MP4 to save on your system, then you need to rip movie only or strip the content you do not need. There are many different software available to do this.

A quick guide to MP4 with handbrake

Additional reading material on handbrake.

For free software, handbrake I still use today. It's a very powerful software, that I use for conversion, and reducing file size of video's that I create.