1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFabHD and Shrink so Sloooooow

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Mossey, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Mossey

Mossey Member

Ive done some searching and still cant get a solution to my problem. Ive been using DVDFab HD 3.1.4.0 to decrypt (uaually 10-12mins) then DVD Shrink (usually 5-8 mins to Encode)main movie only . Yesterday it took DVDFab HD 45mins and DVD Shrink 1 Hour to back up movie,same today. Ive already ran CCleaner,Defrag HD,Unistall Shrink-reinstall,DMA mode Enabled,etc,etc,still no luck. My PC spec is 2.8Ghz,512Mb RAM, 260GB (215 free).The movies are House of Flying Daggers and Infernal Affairs.Although i can still back up- (just wondering why,after approx 200-flawless back up's,its slowing down so much. Any ideas??

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi Mossey
    For your drives - does current transfer mode and transfer mode both list DMA?
    Go ahead and uninstall the ide channels in device manager - reboot and let windows reinstall and do it's thing.

3. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Check your Shrink quality settings.
    After you hit the Backup button.
    Select the Quality Settings tab and see if AEC is checked. Screenshot

4. Mossey

Mossey Member

Firstly, binkie7, your a genius! i uninstalled ide channells and reinstalled. DvdFabHD took 14 mins to decrypt and Shrink 11 mins to encode and thats Full Disc, as i had to keep English commentary(Infernal Affairs) Happy Days again!!! Cheers

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome Mossey - glad to hear that did the trick!!