1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDIdle Pro - You just have to try this one!!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by MarkNZ, Jan 3, 2005.

1. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

I use this S/W, It's Great!!!!!

Try it and see for your self....

DVDIdle helps you to extend the lifetime of your DVD drive. By using the Smart Read-ahead Cache, DVDIdle saves DVD data which will be played soon onto the hard disk cache or RAM cache, and then feeds it to DVD player. This allows the DVD drive to rest. For example: a 6X-speed DVD drive will only work for 15 minutes when you are watching a 90 minutes DVD movie.

DVDIdle works in the background, automatically caching the output of your software DVD player. With DVDIdle's help, a software DVD player like PowerDVD or WinDVD is able to provide smooth DVD playback while the DVD drive is sleeping!

New Features: DVDIdle now supports normal files, which means AVI, DivX, RM, ASF, WMV, MPG, MPEG, and DAT of VCD, SVCD files can be cached when you watch them from CD/DVD disc.

Here is the link: http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-idle-pro.htm

Do have fun all!!!

2. colw

colw Active member

Sounds a bit like a commercial.

More experienced members have seen similar type claims for a wide variety of programs that have simply incorporated freeware coding from programs such as DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and rebundled them into a commercial product with many dubious claims.

As a cynic, I would be very wary of such claims and programs until they have been tried, tested and verified by more experienced members of these forums.

3. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Fair Comment,

Just try the demo and then let me know waht you think ok

4. Smizzle

Smizzle Member

I dont know if this program is really needed anymore how much is it for a new dvd drive like 20 bucks?

5. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

sounds alot like a commercial . i think AD would be more than happy to sell ad space for posts like this . also i think its against the forum rules to post ads trying to sell products through the forums .
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    rule 12

Last edited: Jan 4, 2005
  6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I tried dvdidle & anydvd. I preferred anydvd by slysoft. As for is this type of software needed anymore, yes it definitely is, what with those jackass manufacturers limiting region changes to 5

7. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

I'm not trying to sell this s/w ok. Yes I know AnyDVD is good. I use DVDIdlePro for playback only on my Computer. It really does a grat job. Just try it and see for your self ok.

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

MarkNZ, you have to appreciate that there are a lot of people here who use lots of apps for encryption probs. Most here like shrink & decryptor to overcome these probs. we realise you are trying to help, but you did sound rather like a salesman, especially 'cos of your double post!!
    As I have said I preferred anydvd, there are many here that prefer it too! I tried dvdidle, but I preferred slysofts' prog. I found it a lot simpler to use, saying that i have not tried the new version. I will not bother as I already have anydvd. I also have dvd43. Some have reported probs with this, but there is a new version out there. And I do not mean dvdidle's version, as you have to pay for it!!
    Here is the link if you want it;
    http://www.dvd43.com/

9. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

im a anydvd user also . i have no problems watching movies on my pc without dvd-idle-pro . so i guess i dont see the need for this software . the reason it looks like you are trying sell this product is because your first post is almost word for word of what is found in your link you posted . power dvd works fine for playback of dvds and it came free with my dvd rom . i'll wait and see what others have to say about this software .

10. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Ok, thank you all for your comments.

I use PowerDVD6 for playback with DvdIdlePro in the background. And the only reason I use it is to save my DVD Burners. Smart Read-ahead Cache, like I said try it before you knock it.

11. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

im not knocking the software . it may be great software . i dont use my burner as a reader . that is what my lite on 166s is for . dvd-idle-pro is $49.95 and a new lite on 166s is $35.00 . buying a new dvd rom is cheaper than buying dvd-idle-pro . i cant see buying software that costs more than my dvd rom does . its not like this software is going to save me big money or anything . so i still dont see the need for this software .

12. Pertions

Pertions Member

I agree with you. DVD idle is extremely good! I have tried others and DVDidle is the only one I found that also alows you to backup ANY dvd's and if it can't as c aouple of the very new releases have a new protection on the I emailed dvdidle told them what happend and the name of the movie and they emailed me back within like a day with a download to a new version and posted it on there site, after likeing there program I have been working with them to let them know which movies can't copy and they keep updateing emidiatly to fix it. Mark Email me I have a question Pertions101@aol.com

13. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Pertions, delete email address as per forum rules & not get spammed