1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDinfopro finds CRC errors

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by indyjones, Feb 5, 2005.

1. indyjones

indyjones Member

I've just bought my first set of DVD-R disks (Ridata badged 4x with the Ritek G04 dye) but I think perhaps i've got some dodgy disks in the pack. Ive burnt a few using dvd decrypter but some of them have artefacts towards the end of the dvd during playback. I've downloaded DVDinfopro and run a CRC check on the 'dodgy' disks and it finds lots of read errors. My question is, were these errors on the blank disk originally or could they have been introduced during the writing using dvd decrypter?

Cheers

Ian

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey ian,you should be able to run a scan on those discs before you burn it and after.This should help on seeing if the burner is the problem.

If the problems are at the end of the then reducing your target size should help.4300 mb target size helps on these issues. This outer edge is suspectible to uneven dye,causing many playback issues.

Also burning too fast can cause a lot of errors,4x is par for the course.

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I agree with everything saugmon is saying, except the fact that you can run dvdinfopro on a blank disc.I always get the message that"media seems to be blank",and down at the bottom in the status window it says:Error-media is blank
    So I dont think you can run a crc error check on a blank.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005