1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvdinfopro Question

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by beltline, Jan 9, 2005.

1. beltline

beltline Regular member

I noticed that on the site where you download dvdinfopro that it saids "free version expires 01/02/2005". I downloaded this on 01/05/2005 to try it out. I've never used it before and every disc I try gives me green everywhere with no errors. Even with disc that have freezing problems. I am using a Toshiba SD-R5272 with 1030 firmware. So my questions are?

1. Has this free version really expired and I'm just getting bogus readings?

2. Is there any other software like this? (I say Kprobe while searching, but I believe it only does Lite On recorders?)

Thanks
    beltline

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

3. beltline

beltline Regular member

Not having the freezing problem anymore. I was just wanting to test the software. These were some of the Prodisc I couldn't get to work with my burner. It seemed to be a compatability issue (they burn and play fine on a friends burner). They would burn successfully, but didn't play worth a darn on my players. The second one I tested came up with errors. I tested some that played fine in my players, and never received any errors. I then went looking for some old one's I couldn't get to play right in hopes of seeing what it would do with error discs. I might of threw a good one in the Prodisc coaster btach and that's why I didn't get any errors on one I thought was bad. Anyways I got to see what the softwarre does with bad discs. That's what I was looking for.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005