1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdloader v7 beta 5.2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Delvo76, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Delvo76

Delvo76 Member

Does anyone have the DVD version of dvdloader v7 beta 5.2? I need it to get my 'Street Fighter Anniversary collection' to work. I've tried using dvdloader v7 and all the options, but nothing seems to work. It freezes after the select game (Street Fighter 3 or Street Fighter 2) screen. If anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*thread moved*

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

4. shola

shola Guest

Can i burn the Cdloaderbeta v7 beta 5.2 on a dvd? because it does the same to me

5. mulletman

mulletman Member

I could be wrong in this, but if you have a dvdloader or cogswaploader on dvd, couldn't you just burn the beta version you need to CD-R and swap it in to get it booted, then switch to your SF game?

6. Delvo76

Delvo76 Member

I can never get ANY cd programs to work on cd-Swap Magic. I've tried many programs (cd-r), but I always get a red screen and then it locks-up. I can only use the dvd swap magic.

7. snyper

snyper Member

I would appreciate the new version of dvd loader as well, seeing as Swap Magic CD version is shit.

8. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

you can get dvdloader v7all and sm3dvd from the link in my sig', sm3dvd should cut out the need for a TOC swap

9. Quikshot

Quikshot Guest

Ok i have DVDLoader and it gives me the exact same thing. Once i select a game. It freezes up with a black screen. I dont know what im doing wrong since all my other backups work. Also im using Star Ocean 3 4.33GBs for my TOC Refresher, and i get the same problem.

10. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

those who have trouble using sm cd should try to put the cogswap exploit on there mem cards and use it to load the newest version of cdloader, if someone gets it working this way, post back and let us know!

11. Quikshot

Quikshot Guest

I was wondering, about this exploit. Should, it show up in the memory card as a icon, because i've installed it already. Tried to use the exploit and i get nothing.

12. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

the exploit is written to the system settings file, if you look at it it will have increased to over 100KB, if it isn't working it's probly the title.db that's at fault

13. Quikshot

Quikshot Guest

Hey, zxspeky. Can u give some common PSX game titles that usually work with this?

14. Quikshot

Quikshot Guest

Im not trying kill all my CD-Rs. So far, i've only tried FFT(GH) and Tales of Destiny 2. Im not limited on PSX games but most are RPGs.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2004
  15. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

I can't give specific titles, but I can tell you that you probly have at least one that will work, put the disc id's of all the psx games you have in one title.db file and make an exploit disc with that, it should work, if not then it's the way you are creating the title.db that is the problem, pm me or ask at the new flippy site if you need more help on making the exploit

16. linnx

linnx Member

Could someone email me dvdloader 5.2......thanx

linnx88@yahoo.com

17. devilry

devilry Member

Are you able to change a PAL game to an NTSC with cdloader v7 beta 5.2? I read this from somewhere, im just making sure if its true.

Thanks for your help.

18. linnx

linnx Member

You can change a Pal game to Ntsc with a nifty little utility called pal2ntsc.....i forgot the link, but look through a few posts or just do a search, the link is in one of the people's signatures.

19. devilry

devilry Member

Yah, right after i replied to this forum, i found that program your talking about. Looks legit. Before i found stuff like this and it didnt even work and it was so confusing. This program is pretty straight forward. Too bad i ran out of dvd-rw's to test it out. But, thanks for your reply.

By the way, do you know what offset you put the y-fix thing on? I read the readme it said from ntsc to pal, you should use 40 or 48. So i figured i use 32 since im doing pal to ntsc.