1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDR Audio out of sync

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jedi_88, Oct 25, 2004.

1. jedi_88

jedi_88 Member

I converted AVI to MPEG2 using TMPGENC. When playing mpeg file on computer, audio and video sync perfectly all the way to the end but when I burned it on DVDR using ULead DVD Factory 2, audio out of sync.
    The audio and video seem to sync find at beginning but eventually it seem to stretch further and further in the movie.
    I didn't have this problem before until my computer crashed and after I reinstall all the software, I start to experiencing this problem. Can someone advice me what am I missing what what do I need to do? Thank in advance!

2. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

Hi

When using Tmpegenc to create my mpeg2 from avi, I always create elementary streams (m2v and mp2).

This way if I notice the running time for video and audio isn't the same, I can use Goldwave to stretch the entire audio (or compress) to the required length.

Are you converting an NTSC avi to PAl mpeg for example?

If tmpeg is converting the video to a different framerate, you'll often find the audio slips out of synch a bit.

* - The function in Goldwave is called Time Warp.

ptwenty

3. ptwenty

ptwenty Guest

Sometimes even Goldwave doesn't do the job.

In encoding using tmpeg and authoring using DVDlab - or DVD Lab pro, I've noticed inconsistencies in the times.

For example a PAL avi that runs for 1 hr 0 mins 0 secs might show up as 1hr 0 mins 12 secs when I rip it to m2v and mp2.

By the time I drag those files to DVDLab , the running time might be 1 hr 0 mins 6 secs for video and 59mins 58 secs for audio.

What causes these inconsistencies - i don't know. but it's a real pain in the t*ts when i want to make a DVD and a flawless avi ends up with audio / video mismatch of up to 20 secs.

Anybody know how to fix it? - i'm all ears.

ptwenty