1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdr booting question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Nastea, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Nastea

Nastea Member

i have a very old modchip, i think its a neo, 8 wire...im not even sure. i was trying to boot up GTA San Andreas using this method

1) Turn on the ps2 with AR2 1.7 (holding down the ON/RESET)
    2) Select Start Game (Still Holding ON/Reset)
    3) Press EJECT (while still holding the ON/RESET button) and swap AR21.7 with DVD demo.
    4) Press EJECT to close (Wait 10 seconds)
    5) Then select WITHOUT CODES. Wait until disc stops.
    6) Now let go of reset and the tray comes out, Swap DVD demo for a backup DVDR (In this case GT3 A-Spec JAP) press X just as the tray starts to go back in (IMPORTANT)

the game i use to swap is finalfantasy X

everything works except when in step 6 i press X the screen goes blank, then in a few seconds it does back to the ps2 screen...where u choose to browse either the game or mem card....anyone kno y it wont boot GTA...it recognizes it because it says playstation2 disk....tell me if my problem is unclear.

2. stigjones

stigjones Member

i also have a very old mod chip and i think its a neo chip to, so can any 1 help me cos when i try to play a back up dvd game i burned off i can not get any of them to work but when i put a game onto cdr i have no problem at all,the only thing i havent tried is using that DVD demo disc cos i never heard of it b 4 so can any 1 tell me what it does and where i can download it from , .and it would be much apreciated if some 1 could help me thanks

3. Nastea

Nastea Member

the demo disk is just an example...i used final fantasy X....sry for the confusion...i copied and pasted the method from a site and didnt change the examples they used

4. Nastea

Nastea Member

one more thing....i checked the size of the dvds because ive heard that the TOC of the original game has to be bigger then the DVDr, according to my dvd drive both final fantasyX and GTA san andreas are 4.19 gigs, however final fantasy is slightly bigger...by a few megabytes i dindt calculate it exactly...could this be the problem? should i use a larger original game? plz help...im dying to play GTA :)

5. stigjones

stigjones Member

ok cheers , is thet what u do to load up all your Dvd back up games cos i have tried almost everything and i still cant get them to work

6. Nastea

Nastea Member

this is the only dvdr game i have.....i gave up playing ps2 but had to get GTA San Andreas....ive never tried booting up dvd backups...but i kno its possible...

7. stigjones

stigjones Member

u r a legend thank u very much i have tried ur way of loading up a back up DVD game and it worked first time i have been trying 4 weeks to get it to work thanks alot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Nastea

Nastea Member

hehe np, glad i could help...can u tell me wut games u use? i wanna see if the problem i have is with the TOC issue

9. stigjones

stigjones Member

im sorry nastea i would love to be able to help you but i cant cos my ps2 is playing up again and i cant get it 2 work again lol i think i might need a new 1 but ill keep trying and if i can get it 2 work again ill get back 2 u ok thanks again