1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDR Labeling

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by redmonkey, Jan 2, 2005.

1. redmonkey

redmonkey Member

i was just wondering if there is any possible ways of labeling a DVDR without a CD Stamper. I have an inkjet printer i just dont have one that will print labels onto a DVDR. Is it possible to print out a label and glue it on? Please post if there is any methods of doing it without a Cd Stamper.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Not advisable on gluing your labels on your dvd's.Or using sticker labels. Most members use sharpies or the epson 200 ? thermal printer. Staple's had them on sale for $100 then you had a 20 gift card back from them. The thermal printer seems to be the best way,other than sharpies to label your backups.
    Of course you will have to have thermal prinable media like prodiscs.

This is looking to be my future printer, other members can also advise you on the GLUE decision.

Good Luck

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

I do not stick labels onto any disc's, not really a good idea, and that's my own opinion.
    The Epson R200 as Saugmon has suggested is made to do this exact job, it's not brillant at normal printing but I think it is up there with the best when it comes to printing labels on DVD's. I do not have any info on sharp, but they are a very good printer as a rule.

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

I just did some research on Canon printers and found either of these two can print directly onto a CD+DVD.
    Canon Pixma IP4000 and the Canon Pixma IP5000, the 5000 sounds the better of the two.
    Just thought I would see what I could find.

5. flx2000

flx2000 Member

i use epson r300 with prodisc 4x-8x inkjet printable
    dvd's. the r300 is about $179 staples.com
    but you can also use the cheaper model r200 $99
    same quality prints. less features

media bought at supermediastore.com great prices

6. DopeFreak

DopeFreak Regular member

Ya stick labels really screw up the dvd same with glueing i tryed it and my dvd got really messed up i use sharpies.