1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdr + or -

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by oni123, Mar 23, 2005.

1. oni123

oni123 Regular member

hi i have a swap magic set and i have a ps2 version 4 and thats scph-35001 i dont kno which cd should i use dvd +r or dvd -r can someone help me fast thanks.

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

To be safe you can use -r's. However, there are some v4's out there that can read +r's.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

you will get a million different answers on a question like that. Everyone uses something different, depending on what works for their burners and PS2's.

i always use Phillips DVD-R 8X
    Just make sure that whichever you choose that you make sure to get GOOD MEDIA if you plan to use them to back up games.
    Phillips, TDK, Ritec G04 ect.....
    i would just get a few singles, or 5 packs of some quality media and see which works best for you.
    The leftovers you can always use to do movies with because you can do a movie on just about any old media and it will usually work.

4. oni123

oni123 Regular member

i use sony brand dvd +r 4.7 gb. is that good? and i have another question wat kind of dvds to u use to burn ps2 games i tryed to use 4.7 sony dvd +r but when i tryed to burn metal gear solid 2 and nfl street 2 they say that the files are to big to fit. can anyone help me?