1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdr problems on version 1 PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by designguy, Feb 18, 2003.

1. designguy

designguy Guest

I've been trying to get my burned dvds to work in my version 1 PS2. I've tried my discs in my friends stand-alones and they've worked, but not in my PS2. I have a sony dru 500 so I can use either media type. Is there a way to get it to work or some way to upgrade the firmware on the PS2 to a newer version? Thanks for the assist.

2. Annihilon

Annihilon Guest

As far as I am aware, PS2 bios/firmware cannot be flash upgraded and besides your V1 PS2 not being able to play DVDR discs (either format I assume) has probably more to do with the quality of the laser Sony used on the early PS2's rather than the above. If the DVDR's plays on your friends PS2 then it obviously isn't your backups. Sorry to ask a stupid question but you do not mention anything regarding a mod - have you actually got one installed? Without one your console could have come off the production line yesterday and it still wouldn't play them.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2003