1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdr question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by birdhuntr, Feb 11, 2005.

1. birdhuntr

birdhuntr Guest

I backed up several movies, They were all fine here the last four or five been giving me problems.
    Some of them are even older movies. If you flip the dvd over after you burn the movie, there are solid rings, like it was skiped over. you can play the movie but it will freeze up and you have to skip some chapters to get it going again. Does any one have any suggestions?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

What media are you using, perhaps you have a faulty batch.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The bottom side of the disc should be a purplish color and the only rings you should see are on the inner and outer edges.It should be solid purple.Unless you are using rw's,mine are a grayish color,but can still see inner and outer rings.Anything inbetween those 2 rings would indicate faulty media or burner problem.

Any Suggestions? slow down that burn speed of that media.Probably to its slowest speed.
    Get some good media.
    Turn off all your background programs

4. birdhuntr

birdhuntr Guest

I cant remember what brand,at work now but it was from
    bestbuy,they were out of tdks they told me it is there brand. They worked fine before, just started to do it.I dont run nothing while I am burning, just for that reason.I am running a 3.2 pentium.w/hyperthred but I still only run the burn program while I burn.

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Most of those salesmen don't know crap about dvd burning. Those store brand name media you have to really watch out for,that's why I avoid them,unless someone on the dvd-r media forum finds some good ones and post the name,format,and quantity of package.

Just slow down that burn speed and try to get through the rest of the spindle.

6. birdhuntr

birdhuntr Guest

Thanks I will give that a try