1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdR skipping problems???

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by td1ddy, Feb 18, 2007.

1. td1ddy

td1ddy Member

Hey guys, I download movies from the internet... *gasp!* ... anyways, when I burn the iso/video_ts folders to a dvdR....sometimes the end of the movie, or even during the middle...will skip a little bit, it will glitch, than restart where it was...this ONLY happens near the end of the movie, and sometimes in the middle... why is this? am i burning to fast? ...my discs I believe are fine....sony dvdr thanks!

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

What brand discs are you using? Is your firmware current for you burner? Did you preview the movie before burning it...were the skip evident before the burn?

Skipping, stuttering, pausing and pixellation are typically due to cheap media.

3. smurf316

smurf316 Guest

Your problem is most likely being caused by cheap media. it could be your burn speed also but i would bet it's the media. Sony dvd's are crap!! stay away from these brands....SONY....MEMOREX....HP....PHILLPS....MAXELL.....AND ANY STORE BRAND!! you should use these brands as they are the best and are what most pro burners use. VERBATIM....TIAYO YUDEN.....RITEK....MAXELL(high grade only). you should buy your media online and walmart sells VERBATIM & MAXELL high grade. NEVER EVER EVER EVER buy your media on ebay!! most of it is fake cheap media with a good name to get you to buy. you should also burn your dvds at half their rated speed. if your media's speed is 16x try burning at no more than 8x.