1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdrebuilder

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by 77steve, Apr 19, 2005.

1. 77steve

77steve Member

I need some help. i am trying to use dvd-rb to make better backups of my dvds i have been using pinnacle instant copy v8 and also nero recode they work good but some of the movies i want to back up can't be done with these programs example i have a few movies withfull/wide screen movies and they look like crap after the backup. i am running dvd rebuilder v0.83 freeware and using CCE Sp 2.67 with 4 passes. the movies is about 8.2Gbs and when its done it is actually 9.2Gbs. what am i doing wrong? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Posting in the wrong forum :)

*moved from General discussion > File sharing applications*

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

4. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Just so the question is answered. The cause of this is usually when someone chooses the wrong option under "OPTIONS/CCE OPTIONS" for the encoder. Over the course of several versions Cinemacraft has changed the codes that specify the encoding type several times. If you choose the wrong version, the encoder gets confused by the code it is provided and encodes in CBR (constant bit rate) mode at 6000Kbs... the result will be very large.

That very first setup of DVD-RB is very important, it makes sure the encoder you have selected are configured properly. After one... it is just a matter of selecting the source and pushing the button from there on out.

Last edited: May 1, 2005