1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDRW cannot read capacity?! ITS GONE!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by michaellu, Sep 6, 2004.

1. michaellu

michaellu Member

Hey guys I dont know what the problem is w/ my DVD-RW. I have a Norcent DVD+/-RW drive (8x) its and OEM Lite-on LDW-811S drive. This is IMPOSSIBLE to get this to recognize ANY media on this drive. Ive already tried 3 types! It may just be something w/ the computer software or drivers because I switched it w/ my old Optorite DD0203 drive from a diffrent computer and it still had problems recognizing the media capacity even though Ive burned DVDs w/ the drive on a diffrent computer? I ran Nero Infotool and it recognized EVERYTHING about the media EXCEPT the capacity in which it says n/a. I think I may have to update the windows drivers maybe. I do not know. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP! Im running 3.5Ghz comp w/ 512 DDR, ASUS P9800SE Mobo, Audigy 2, and geforce 5700FX. So I dont know what the prob is! I flashed it w/ the lastest firmware but still nothing!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

michaellu

I ran across a similar problem a few months ago. Windows began reading my Rom drives as a hard disk and I was being promped to format. I traced the problem to an installation of Roxio which came with my Plextor PX-712A. Yea, Neph I know about the headaches that have been reported about Roxio.

I overcame the problem by uninstalling Roxiq and doing a system restore. You might also want to check and what ROM drives are listed in device manager an uninstall them all, reboot and see if that helps. If not you maight have to consider doing a system restore and a worse case scenario a reformat.