1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDRW IDE 1008 burning problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by byingst, Mar 28, 2005.

1. byingst

byingst Member

I try to burn a DVD in DVD decrypter and set the speed at 2.0x, when the DVD is burning the fastest it goes is about 1.8x and the device buffer goes up and down a lot. Also, the light on the front of the drive is orange when it is burning usually, but it goes orange for a few seconds then goes green for one second and then goes back orange, and it does this while it is burning. When I use Nero 6.6 Ultra Edition, it starts burning and then ejects the disc and pulls it back in and tells me that it is a bad disc after it had been burning. I am using Fujufilm and Phillips DVDs, so I don't think it is the media as it hadn't been doing this before. I haven't updated anything such as firmware or drivers, so I don't know what is happening. It's reading speed is also slower than usual.

2. recondo

recondo Guest

I have the same burner and had the same problem until I upgraded the firmware from I/O magics website to rev.0059

GOOD LUCK!

3. recondo

recondo Guest

Also byingst is your burner a BTC , Optorite, or Plextor, mine is a BTC.