1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDRW

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by raylude96, Nov 2, 2004.

1. raylude96

raylude96 Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm new here and have a couple of questions. I just traded in my ps2 for the new pstwo slim. So now my interest in gaming has be rekindled. I want to start backing up my games and dvds. Can you guys/gals recommend a good dvdrw drive for me? I was looking at the Plextor PX-708A, Lite On SOHW-832S,Sony DRU-500A. Is there a particular drive that does a better job of burning playable ps2 backups? Which drives do you have? Any recommendations or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

ray

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

all those are good choices. i have a pioneer 107 and 108 and they both work great for ps2 and movie backups.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

have to agree with sly any of the three drives you mention should be fine, personaly i also use a pioneer dvr108 which works very well, maybe you should consider also add that your list of drives

4. raylude96

raylude96 Member

Hey guys,
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably get the pioneer since its cheaper than the sony and plextor.
    I have another question. Since the pstwo slim has the flip lid does that mean I only need the swap magic discs to play backup games? Or do I also have to get a mod chip and put it in the pstwo?

ray

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member