1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvds are skipping with dvd shrink 3.2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by djp062699, Jan 4, 2005.

1. djp062699

djp062699 Member

I am encountering a problem in which all of a sudden all of the dvds i burn now have slight skips in them. The movie will skip ahead 2-3 minutes, however if you rewind the dvd the video is all there. I have not changed any of my configurations or hardware and have tried it with dvds at 100% compression. any ideas?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Have you changed your media? Changed burn speed?
    Have programs running in the background including screensavers?
    It could be a multitude of things, perhaps use RW disc until you can sought out what's happening.
    I hope this helps.

3. flabob

flabob Regular member

mine use to skip all of a sudden too...i was useing dvd+rw's...at 2.4x speed..i had to get firmware for that..it fixed it...i had no problem with dvd+r's...but some puters can only burn dvd_r's

then my +rw's started skipping again..i went out and bought a new 45 dollar dvd/cd player...that was formatted to all dvd disc's...+r's +rw's etc....worked like a charm...havent had a problem in 4 months...certain dvd players cant play all dvd's....i got one that did..at wal-mart..for 45 dollars....saves a lot of aggravation...hope this helps [​IMG]

bob