1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDs from computer not playing on TV =o(

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by modrnlove, Sep 29, 2002.

1. modrnlove

modrnlove Member

Please help! I have a Mashita UJDA 720 DVD/CDRW drive on my computer. What do I have to do to view copy protected DVDs? I have my laptop correctly connected to the TV and can view my desktop and every program except for DVDs and Mpegs. I can see the menu on the TV and on my laptop's screen. But when I click on play movie, the movie only comes up on my laptop, not on the TV.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2002
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I will assume you mean playing through a stand alone dvd player.

Some stand alones dont accept dvd-r or cd-r. You should check your dvd's documentation.

3. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I don't know that this has anything to do with "copy protected DVD's".. I'm assuming you just get a blue screen on your TV when you hit play?

Sounds more like video output configuration from your laptop, chances are that your TV-out display settings have incorrect resolution or refresh rates. The menu screen has a different resolution than the movie itself, so possibly check in control panel > display > settings, to see if you have any way of adjusting video out settings, possibly clicking on advanced for more options.

If all else fails, read your computer's manual, or just call the tech support for your laptop. Chances are this kind of problem falls under your standard warranty coverage for tech support.

BTW, I hope for your sake that you don't have a Compaq laptop, cause they just recently changed all tech support from local outsourced suppport to offshore support.. try talking to somebody in India who barely speaks english and try to get assistance with a problem like this, and you will soon understand the true meaning of the word "frustration"..

Good Luck!

4. Dela

Try a de-macrovision box

5. modrnlove

modrnlove Member

I figured out the problem. It was a resolution problem. My TV was not able to show the content of a DVD because the resolution on my computer was too high for my TV to handle and process. So all I had to do was change the resolution of my laptop's screen and that fixed the proble. I changed the resolution to the lowest possible.

:) YAY!

6. Dela

I'm glad for you.. Thats what I hate about computers!!!! they are so touchy about small things like that!!!

7. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

Glad you were able to get useful information out of my ranting and raving.