1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD's i burn won't read?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by TheMiest, Jan 5, 2008.

1. TheMiest

TheMiest Guest

Ok, so here's my problem. I have been downloading movies via torrent clients like Auzeures. I use convertXtoDVD to burn the to memorex dvd-r. Now I also tried dvd-r maxell. I originally thought the maxell dvds where just horrible dvds to write on because it seemed the movie would stop and go alot and I would have to throw away most of the pack of dvds due to bad dvds when i tried to play them in a dvd player or xbox 360. Some due work but more often then not they don't. Can someone please offer me insight on why this is happening. Is it my laptop? Is it the DVD's? Is it the program im using to burn the dvd? please help. Thanks

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Try not to burn with convertto dvd, but leave as output folder instead. Use dvdshrink in open files mode and process with shrink and leave output as iso file. Burn with imgburn. Burn at only (max ) 1/2 rated speed of blank dvd (use good media as Taiyo Yuden ) Dvd shrink and imgburn freeware.

3. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Just to add a little bit to iluvendo's solid advice, don't multitask during your process.

4. TheMiest

TheMiest Guest

Ok, the reason i wanted to use convertXtoDVD was to implement chapters and a title screen. Using dvd shrink and imgburn you don't have those options. I don't know why when I play my burned dvd in a dvd player the dvd stops and goes ...and skips sometimes. Is that because of the program i'm using?

5. TheMiest

TheMiest Guest

oh my. I just used img burn and dvd shrink to burn a dvd and again im having the same issues. The dvds skip and stop often. I tried 2 different times 2 different movies same thing. Do you guys happen to know why? Is there better programs to use to burn dvds? Thanks for your help

6. TheMiest

TheMiest Guest

hello any body out there?

7. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Ok, first off. You might want to familiarize yourself with the edit function as opposed to sequential posting.

Secondly, don't "bump" your threads.

In fact, here's a thread you need to read.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

Are the movies you're trying to back up good copies or burned copies? Are they scratched/damaged?

Have you done the other things the replies on here suggested? Slowing down burn speed, not multitasking, good media, etc.?