1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd's jumping - please help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stevexxx, Aug 28, 2002.

1. stevexxx

stevexxx Member

Help! When I play back my dvd's on my standalone dvd player they all play o.k. for a short while then jump forward, it roughly jumps about 2 mins after 5 minutes played. I am using a pioneer 104 dvd writer and Datasafe discs, and smartripper 2.41 and ifoedit for ripping. If anyone can shed any light on this I would be very grateful.

2. raist0069

raist0069 Member

Hello,

I noticed my copy of American Pie 2 does something similiar what you described when I played it on my ps2. Same spot every time..couple other spots freeze really quick but dont jump. Played it on my pc using windows media player and played perfectly. Dunno the reason for this, just wanted to tell ya your not alone. I started to copy dvd's a certain way and American Pie 2 was the first I did. Hoping the 2nd one I do wont mess up. If it does, hopefully someone has a fix for us.

3. stevexxx

stevexxx Member

Hi Raist,
    sorry this has happened to you as well, I still have no real idea why this is happening, I've just tried to use dvd decrypter hoping that would change my luck but unfortunately it ended up the same. Someone I was talking to yesterday said it sounded like something to do with "BIT RATE" but I am very new to this and have no idea what that is about. If anyone can expand or help I would be very grateful.