1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD's made with Nero 7 won't play in DVD players

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by davnik, Jul 8, 2007.

1. davnik

davnik Guest

Hello,

I'm using a trial version of the latest Nero and although it burns movies okay when I come to play them on either of my 2 DVD players I get the message 'can't play this type of disc.' Nor will they play in the computer - it either freezes or doesn't read the discs.
    Now I'm using DVD+RW discs and what I can't understand is that the numerous very same discs made previously with Nero will play on both my DVD players perfectly.
    The only difference is that I'm now using a new computer with Vista rather than Windows XP with which I made my previous discs and I'm using a trial version of Nero., although this shouldn't make any difference as they burn okay, Other than those differences everything is the same. All the files are in MPEG.
    Other than it being Vista rather than XP operating system I can't see why my previously made discs will play and the ones I'm trying to make now won't. One other thing is that bit won't burn at all using the longer play facility. Is this just because it's the trial version?
    Anybody help please?

2. david66

david66 Regular member

what brand of dvd rw are you using? some dvd players will not play RW discs or the disc may be defective

3. davnik

davnik Guest

I've now managed to make a disc using Windows DVD maker. However I had to do this on my laptop as on the desktop it now won't read discs and I get the messaage 'no DVD burner installed.' This is the computer that has the trial version of Nero installed. Could it be that Nero is causing the problem? It also had Roxio pre-installed. Should I delete both of these and just use Windows DVD maker?
    I can't understand why the Windows DVD maker works alright on the laptop but discs won't burn on the desktop. The only difference is that one has Nero and Roxio whilst the other doesn't.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

Nero and Roxio have issues with eachother and sometimes can not co exist on the same computer......... yet I have both and they do fine together! Get rid of Roxio and just have Nero on the computer. Also I heard there could be an issue with Vista's DRM and can disable your drive to NOT PLAY or record! I don't have Vista and all I'm just telling you what a heard from this forum...... I would do a Vista search on this subject in the search at the top of the page!

If your drive is uninstalled..... then you should right click on MY COMPUTER/PROPERTIES/HARDWARE/DEVICE MANAGER/ hit the + sign on DVD/CD-ROM DRIVE/ then highlight your drive and right click to INSTALL ..... then reboot...... Windows should reinstall your drive! But get rid of Roxio!