1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD's skip/bad sound at times

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Fayt, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Fayt

Fayt Member

Alright, I just started backing up my copies and most were turning out ok. However recently, I have a lot that are skipping and have the sound cut out near the beginning for a few minutes. Using Ritek Ridata media too.

I've been using DVDDecrypter to rip the movies, then having DVDShrink re-encode the movies into an iso, then Nero 7 to burn. The movies still have menus and everything, just put to a lower quality so the main movie looks better. No errors ever, and burned at 8x speed. Is there any way to make them turn out better?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Are you recopying your copies? If so you can use Imgburn in "read" mode, because there is no protection to be defeated, and then burn in "write" mode. Ritek aren't the best discs around and may be the cause of your skipping, pausing problem.

3. Fayt

Fayt Member

Sorry, meant to say back up my movies, not the copies.

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Try slowing down your burn rate to 4x and make sure no stickie labels on discs. I've used Ritek Ridata discs for 3 years now, no probs( all burned no more than 4x and no stickies)

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Also check to see that your firmware is up to date for your burner.

6. Fayt

Fayt Member

Is using DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0 and DVDShrink 3.2.0.15 fine? I just downloaded AnyDVD and was going to try that.

7. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Yes to all the above

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hmm, could be bad batch of dvdrs? or even bad few in the batch, been there myself...

else like you say usually your good to go before.

im on RITEK GO5, things like this does happen...

9. Fayt

Fayt Member

I do download some from bittorrent, and those never have a problem playing, only my backups will skip. I'm going to try not multitasking this time around.

So, with AnyDVD running do I rip with DVD Decrypter? I have DVDFab HD Decrypter installed also since I heard most people recently vouch for it. After its ripped, I re-encode with DVDShrink with deep analysis and error correction checked and set for sharp. Then burn the ISO with Nero.

Today I'm going to try no multitasking, having DVDFab rip it, re-encode same settings, then burn with ImgBurn. I'll let you guys know how it comes out.