1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD's sometimes work and sometimes don't on dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mtrixman, Jan 31, 2005.

1. mtrixman

mtrixman Member

I mainly use DVDshrink to create and ISO file and burn it with nero. My dvd player can sometimes read the dvd just fine while others it only has about a 5% chance of reading it (the dvd spins but seems to can't read it). I figured that if i burn with nero and finalize while burning then this problems reduces but still occurs. anyone know why this might be the case? Could it be the fact that my compression settings are set to the default 4.7 gb?

2. toyfigure

toyfigure Guest

I have the same problems too but mainly with crappy /cheap media.

Try using another DVD player. That works for me.

3. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Thats exactly it, try going for a slightly more expensive media, I did and they play in any dvd player ive put them in.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey mtrixman: what brand name,speed, and format of media are you using?

How fast are you burning them?

What brand and model# is your burner?

You have a media issue,usually burn that media slower or switch to a higher quality media will fix this.

Your dvd player is having a hard time of reading that specific burn.At least your player is trying to play some of them.I agree with toyfigure,crappy media will give you a no disc inserted error on some players.The same can happen on decent media,the player just don't like them.If slowing down the burn does not help,get some maxell,fuji,tdk,or sony.

Which format you can burn will decide which brand to recommend.

"Could it be the fact that my compression settings are set to the default 4.7 gb? Most members advise the custom 4300 to 4360 mbs. This helps if you have playback problems and burn errors on the outside edge of disc.It doesn't really affect the quality of more compression a whole lot,very unnoticeable.That target size will help out for many issues that pop up when switching different media later,down the road.