1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD's stop playing half way?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by durew, Oct 1, 2004.

1. durew

durew Member

This problem is starting to get really annoying, any help would be highly appreciated:

I have an LG GSA-4120B (12x dvd write)

I'm trying to backup some DVD's I have, and every method I've tried so far has led to the movie stopping playback at about half way through it. (Up to this point the movie looks great, good copy)

I used DVD-cloner 2 to extract the movie to my HD (also tried DVD to HD to DVD in one step, same thing), it has CSS decryption built in so that's not a problem. The folder size is 4.1 gb so its clearly big enough to fit on one DVD.

I have tried 2 different media now:
    -BenQ DVD-R @ 4x write speed
    -Maxell DVD+R @ 2.4x write speed

At first I thought maybe it was the -R or +R but that doesnt seem to be the issue; nor does the write speed seem to affect it.

Please, does anyone have any info as to how I can fix this? I'm running WinXP Pro, p4 2.8 ghz, 120gb, 1 gb ram

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter

3. durew

durew Member

Looking at DVD Shrink.. it looks like that has CSS decoding built in? So why would you need DVD Decryptor also?

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

If you don't have a burning app like Nero, Copy2DVD or RecordNow ... then you can use Decrypter to burn

5. durew

durew Member

Woohoo! DVD Shrink worked perfectly all by itself to rip and burn, after 6 coasters trying different methods, thank you very much :)

Very nice program if I do say so also, easy to navigate and nice features