1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Tomgirl, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Skull

Skull Guest

that URL is not available

2. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

Sorry Skull,

Click on DVD at the top menu and you should see the guide.

3. vinnys

vinnys Member

Sorry to intrude, but I dont quite understand how to use IMGtool. I used IFOedit and did all that menmaddi said to do. Now I am trying to create an image file to burn back onto a blank dvd disc.

4. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ifoedit-basic.htm

The guide is called DVD -> DVD-5 guide. Follow a couple of links and it will take you to Final adjustments. This will tell you exactly how to create a .img file that can be burned to disc using DVDdecrypter.

5. vinnys

vinnys Member

thanks, menmaddi. I appreciate it.

6. Tomgirl

Tomgirl Guest

menmaddi
    I still dont get it I guess. I decrypt the DVD with the file mode in DVd derypter. Than I create these other folders and put them all in it. Hoping its less than 4.7. I do not seem to be able to find the IMG tools any where. I see where you say the sight is but Im so *Dingy* LOL that I am not able to find it. can you send me the link directly? PLEASE!! I'll be trying the info you told me this weekend and like I said if it works I will PROMISE to send you the fifty dollars. Now I still will be sendind it even if its over the 4.7 gig because its not your fault that it doesnt make it any smaller. Maybe you can help me with that at a later time thanx again. Could you also e-mail me a more detailed way of getting through the process I know about DVD decrypter pretty well. Its just the rest that comes after that , that I have problems with. my e-maill addy is tomgirlSPAMKILLER@ameritech.net THANX AGAIN, I appreciate the info so greatley

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2002
  7. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

Go here http://www.doom9.org click on 'dowload' then scroll down to VOB tools, now click on 'show me more. Imgtool is right there to download.

While you are there, go to guides and print out the basic Ifoedit guide. This will get you started this weekend.

You did download Ifoedit right?

8. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

Tomgirl,

When you install Imgtool make sure it's in the same directory as Ifoedit.

And PLEASE no Email addresses (Forum rule No 10)

HomerJ

9. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

HomerJ,

Yes, good call, I forgot about that. Did you by any chance happen to catch my post in 'software discussion'? ;)

10. Tomgirl

Tomgirl Guest

Tes I did catch your post... Do I look that stupid? Ha Ha. I just don't understand . I'm one of those slower learners. Please be patient with me PLEASE!! Thanx for all the information. I will be back to let you know how I do..

11. Ratino

Ratino Member

http://www.hkruse.dircon.co.uk/ is a site that explains in in easy language. I would also use www.doom9.net becasue it tell you a few things that you need to know that hkruse does not. I need help with the step on bitrate i am complatly lost i am usinf rempeg2 and dvd calulator. I am following the steps on the hkruse site and i am on set 17. I understans everything that is going on but i cant get the scale factor thing right or something. I know this becasue when i go to encode the encode step only takes seconds and not hours. Can someone please help me? THe dvd is more then 4.7gigs.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2002
  12. jcooper

jcooper Guest

Hey sorry to go back to he imgtools subject but I have followed the doom 9 guide and I have successfully created one dvd image for deycreptor to burn, but now I can't get it to work at all. it is so frustrating cause I have striped 5 dvds that are ready to be burned except for this one step...can someone please help me? when i try to get imgtools to work a lot of the time I get a "runtime" error ( i have no idea what it means next time I try it and it I will post exactly what it says) I have removed then reinstalled the program several time but still no luck. I do have windows xp could this have anything to do with my problem......also is there any other program that I can use instead? one other thing hoomer j what do you mean by istalling in the same directory...do you mean like have imgtools and ifoedit both installed in the C: drive? sorry im an idiot when it comes to computer terms.

13. menmaddi

menmaddi Regular member

I've never seen that error in Imgtool. I did notice that sometimes the program fails to create an image. I don't know why and haven't been able to find out.

An alternative to creating an image is to use Nero to burn your VIDEO_TS folder. Keep in mind that if you continue having the problem, it's probably an issue in your editing process not the application.

14. mike4692

mike4692 Member

ratino check out one of my replys ,i think its under encoding that I posted today , that will explain it , its to do withh your cffl file that rempeg uses , it must be empty

15. mike4692

mike4692 Member

the actual size of a dvd-/+r is actually 4.37 GB and not 4.7 GB
    divide 4.37 by the size of the main movie file