1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jdessler, Feb 14, 2007.

1. jdessler

jdessler Guest

When I start to burn a disc on Nero I am getting this message, I wonder if I can get some help.

First I am new to this so here goes.

The message is:

You have added DVD-Video content to a compilation type that will not result in a DVD compliant disc. To create disc playable in stand alone DVD players, please use the DVD complitation type.

PLEASE HELP because it is driving me crazy

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

You're using the wrong nero application to burn DVD compliant video disks, that's why nero is barking at you.

Run the Nero Burning ROM application, the new compilation wizzard will appear, make sure you're in the DVD section, and choose the DVD-Video application to import and burn your video files.

Make your choices under each tab above, when done click new, drag the video files into the VIDEO_TS folder (leave the AUDIO_TS folder alone), click on the burn icon to start.

Here's a picture:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

In Nero the Nero Express simplifies the burn selection process. You were obviously trying to burn the files as Data when you should have been using a video format. Here's a picture of the Nero Express window where you make your selections. For files you select Videos/Picutes on the left and DVD Files to the right. Both parts of the selection are highlighted in blue as you would select them in the Nero Express window. If burning an ISO, you would use the Image/Project/Copy ootion.

[​IMG]

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Nero express is another way to go, but I would choose the way I described above because of the [bold]burn option[/bold]. Using nero burning rom, you're given a choice as to how fast you want to set the write speed, if you use nero express, the write speed (set for you) is always set to MAX, which isn't always the best option and can mean the difference between a successful burn or a failure.

As always, one is presented with options, it's up to the user to choose.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Normally when the interface is less complicated, it's faster and easier to use. That's why I go with Nero Express to do simple burn jobs.
    Nero Express has speed control for the burn and isn't always set to Max.

[​IMG]

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Now I know nero express has an option to set the write speed, and yes it's always set to the max rated speed of the media used unless changed by the user. [bold]As shown by the picture, the write speed option is hidden unless the side panel is expanded (it's not by default),[/bold] jdessler appears not to have much experience using nero, so unless you know it's there, "max speed" is chosen by default when you click burn.

If one uses the nero burning rom option as I indicated, the burn tab is in plain site and will show the speed selected and also give the option to change it.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I think Ahead may have named the Nero Express that because Express denotes fast and easy (like the Express Lane). In the Burning ROM the burn speed settings are under the Burn tab. A novice would have to know to open and set. If not familiar with drop down windows, the speed settings would be missed. The default in the Burning ROM is also the maximum speed. You're familiar with the burning ROM and I'm familiar with both. I choose the fast way and with a couple of pictures can show a novice settings if they can't find them. A word of advice for Novices, if there's an expansion to a window, look to see what's there.

[​IMG]

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

@ jdessler

John and I have shown you different burn options but in the end they both show burning video as video and not as other formats. Have you redone your burn to see how it would turn out? Hope you got it and let us know how it turns out or if you need more assistance.

9. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

jdessler

Two ways of achieving the same result, how can you go wrong. If all goes well, you'll have your backup and will have learned a little more about nero.

Good luck:)

10. jdessler

jdessler Guest

I down loaded Nero 7 and I am still getting a message that the burn was unsuccessful.

It then tells me that the file was saved on the computer and I could then go to a burn program and then it will burn.

But when I try to burn it it still is not working.

I am not to good with all this computer stuff so all the help is apprecited.

11. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

jdessler

We may be able to better assist if you decribe the process you're using to create a backup (applications used in what order..etc.), also if you post the nero log of the failure, we can better see what's going on with nero.

you can find the nero history log here:
    C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core\

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Just to add to what john said, you'll need the video output recorded to your hard drive. With Shrink the default setting is to burn with Nero. That can be changed in the burn settings in the
    Backup window. Use Nero Express or the Burning ROM (whichever you're most comfortable with to burn. Then save the log as john pointed out and post it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007