1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdSanta audio/video synchronizing problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mmmmBeer, Feb 23, 2005.

1. mmmmBeer

mmmmBeer Member

I have burned off 2 different dvds using dvdSanta. They were both avi files that the program encoded. Here's the problem. On both of them, about half way through, the audio starts to fall out of sync with the video. At first I thought the avi file might be corrupt, but I checked it and it was fine. After having the same problem with another file, I'm deducing it to the fact that dvdSanta might not work as well as I had hoped. The only other consideration is the file size. Both of them were approx. 700MB. Would that make a difference? Does anyone know how to fix this? Or should I just get another conversion program? Any recommendations?

2. amgthis

amgthis Guest

I had the same problem when capturing SVHS tape to
    my hard disk using Turtle Beach's Video advantage
    PCI card. They have two different software programs
    to capture - one is called "PowerDirector" and this one
    gave me the same synch problems you speak of but it was
    capturing to a .mpg file. The other software included
    with the card is called AD FullCap and it has a setting
    to 'sync using stream offset'. This solved my problems
    with out of sync. I don't know what hardware / software you used to capture, but you probably need to find a way to do something similar.
    This probably isn't much help, but it's the best I can
    tell you. I'm a newbie at this myself!
    Good luck,

/mike

3. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

DVD Santa has always worked for me but you could try Vso DivxToDVD. You can download this from this site

4. mmmmBeer

mmmmBeer Member

The VSO DivxToDVD program works great! Many thanks.

5. amgthis

amgthis Guest

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought a canopus ADVC 110 and now life
    is better. The only problem I had was with Windows 2K not recognizing
    the device, or should I say the "Let's Capture" software that comes
    with the ADVC 110 would not see the device. According to the website,
    you should be able to get away with using W2K SP3. I loaded up SP3
    (was at SP2), and then SP4 when that didn't work.
    I could capture with the device and W2K using main actor and other
    software - AVI_IO and others, but I still had some minor A/V sync
    problems. I finally broke down and bought and installed a copy of
    Windows XP. Now I can use Let's capture that came with the ADVC 110
    and it works pretty good.

Thanks for the ideas.

/mike

6. andy25

andy25 Regular member

ive tried both dvd santa and divx to dvd and ive burned some avi and mpg tv shows some of them are perfect but the others in the middle will suddenly get out of synch im gna try dvd santa one more time if anyone has any other ideas please tell me soon this is driving me crazy aim sn:videogamer248 OK i just tried again and now audio is out of sync thoughout the whole show this is a mpg of csi so someone please please help me soon ill be on aim right now so if anyone wnts to im me to help me id really appreciate tht aim sn is videogamer248 ok heres another update to my problem i just opened the video_ts files i converted and put em in dvd shrink u can preview on tht and its out of sync so is it a problem with the conversion?? please help soon and now again another update i realized most of the ones tht have worked perfectly were avi files and so far only one mpg file worked perfect does this mean anythin??OK now another thing has happened to make this problem even wierder to me i had an avi movie i decompressed the sound and used dvd santa and it was in synch so does this mean only avi files i can burn or is there something to decompress mpg sound or something like tht someone help soon so i can fully understand this soon thanks alot in advance to whoever is nice enough to help me with this

Last edited: May 15, 2005