1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDScan Lite 3.7 Issues

Discussion in 'PS2' started by omniferum, Sep 2, 2005.

1. omniferum

omniferum Member

After much pulling of hair out I cannot identify WHY this program does not wish to run on my machine or anybody elses, they are all running XP and i'm sure that most people here are running the same thing (Both SP 2 and SP 1) so if anyone could help me it would be wonderful. This error message pops up on all version from 3.5 - 3.7

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\DVDScan37.exe
    File: fseek.c
    Line: 101

Expression: steam!=NULL

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

Abort - Retry - Ignore

If I choose any files I extracted from the PS2 ISO it presents me with this error but if I pick any other .exe file it is happier than the proverbial pig, sometimes attributing it to the ntdll.dll file according to the event log. Can someone PLEASE help me here? I've downloaded this file multiple times from multiple sites so it can't just be a corrupt program. I have even tried to use the alternative CMP (Console Media Patcher) by Sonix and that gives me the same error, I have no clue what to do seeing as it doesn't work on mine or friends computers.

Please help, thread search has shown nothing
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. omniferum

omniferum Member

OK well maybe if people could suggest an alternative to my desired goal which is to have a PS2 CD game running on a DVD-R

I would use my SwapMagic 3.6 CD Loader but nothing seems to work with it, I am trying to backup Disgea and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 which are both PS2 CD games.

PS2 DVD games I have no trouble with what so ever.
  4. omniferum

omniferum Member

super bump?