1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShriks can not copy Resident Evil 2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ratatooly, Jan 5, 2005.

1. ratatooly

ratatooly Guest

Hi, I bought the new Resident Evil 2-Apacolypse and tried to make a backup copy. DVD Shrink analyzes up to 15% and stops. I get a message like DVDShrink has encountered a problem... I thought my disk was bad so I returned it to the store and bought another RE2. This one has the same problem. But other disks copy fine. Is ther a new copy protection out there that DVDShrink can not handle? I am having problems with DVD Decrypter on the same disk as well.

2. rayboy

rayboy Regular member

yes, and "Little Black Book" also, I hear that:
    - a patch of Decrypter already released to fix this , and Shrink will fix this problem with new a release.

- Off the record, somebody told me that if you rip with decrypter used IFO option (not File nor ISO) then shrink with the file just read then it may fix the problem.

Good luck

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

The latest DVD decrypter is out now and includes the patch what rayboy is saying. I haven't heard of a new DVD Shrink update yet.

4. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

And you probably won't. From what I've read, the current DVD Shrink will ultimately be the last. The creator has gone to work for Nero.

5. bardie

bardie Regular member

Is that good or bad??

6. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Notice any similarities between shrink and recode?
    the main difference is recode won't break encryption for obvious legal reasons.

7. garciaIII

garciaIII Guest

Yes Im having the same problem with RE2 and Vanheslens as well Is there new protection copy on disc? If anyone finds the fix let me know.

8. colin275

colin275 Guest

I was having the same problem...figured it was some sort of new encryption so i updated my dvd region free+css to version 5.6 and it worked...dvd region free+css 5.6 will allow you to copy re2..i use it with dvdshrink.

9. ratatooly

ratatooly Guest

Hi everyone, thank you for the help, specially to rayboy. I used the new DVD Decrypter and was able to copy the movie to my hard drive. First it was giving me problems but then I selected 3 to 4 files at a time to decrypte withit and worked fine. From there I used DVDShrink to shrink it and burned it to one DVD-R.

Thanks, Ray.

10. Harleyd

Harleyd Member

I used super dvd copy to record to my harddrive. then i used dvd shrink to to eliminate the 3 minutes of blank screen in the beginning of the movie .then i used clone dvd 2 to burn the dvd.