1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink 2007 or any Better & Easy Softwares Recommend

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Nice328, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Nice328

Nice328 Member

Hi! Everyone! I use DVDShrink version 3.2 I understand this is s FREE software and now there are DVDShrink 2007 shown on the web. IS this an updated version or is it still FREE or needed to pay?

I understand nowadays many DVD movies need to be decripted or Ripping before DVDShrink to operate properly. Can anyone tell me what seems to be the BEST DVD copy software like DVDShrink that is easy and best to solve all the duplicating problem ? Free or pay-softwre...?!

Appreciate for quick response.

Nice328

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

THIS IS A SCAM, Shrink is not supported or updated any longer.

Try ripit4me if you want to use free programs still. http://ripit4me.org

A very easy and good combo is AnyDVD with CLoneDVD, but this is not free.

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

DVD Shrink does the job fine all you really need tto add is AnyDVD to your programs and you will be on fire again.

4. Nice328

Nice328 Member

Thanks ! That's what I thought. I used FabDecripter and it worked well. Must this AnyDVD work with CloneDVD. So far most newly released DVDs require decripter or rippers to work before burning.. Is this the case ?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. Any problem so far with ANYDVD as well as CLONEDVD ? Clone2DVD ...same software or different better ?

Thanks again.

Nice328

5. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Yup, fab decrypter is a good one, but I have had conflicts on my system with it.

Truely I use AnyDVD with Shrink 99% of the time as borhan9 mentioned. If that fails (rare) then I will use the Ripit4me suite that uses DVDDecrypter with Shrink and a few other programs to make a clean backup.

And you are right this is because of failing to meet the current encryption standards, but ripit4me fixes that.

AnyDVD (ripper & decrypter driver) uses CloneDVD (encoder) to burn and compress the files down to the right size. Many people get both but I agree with borhan9 that AnyDVD can be used by itself with Shrink with SUPER results.

6. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Truely it mainly revolves around AnyDVD. All programs really work well with this. And no you don't need CloneDVD 2 with AnyDVD. But when the 2 are combined they work like a charm. If you have this combo plus DVDFab Decrypter you can't go wrong.

7. Nice328

Nice328 Member

Many thanks to best suggestions/recommendations offered by Borhan 9 and Kitty 66. I got my ShrinkDVD working fine with FabDecripter and so far so good. I shall get the AnyDVD when problem arised. Rip4Me is good but kinda technical ... just leave it to future trial.

Appreciated !!!

Best to yo all.

Nice328

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I don't see RipIt4Me being very technical. Install and use 1-Click. The default settings work, it just makes a person feel better knowing what they do.
    For freeware: RipIt4Me or DVDFab Decrypter for decryption and Shrink for transcoding with ImgBurn to burn.

Retail: AnyDVD is the retail standout though DVDIdle is also a notable competitor in backup software.

DVDIdle got updated faster than AnyDVD for the latest in copy protection as seen with Saw 3 Unrated. RipIt4Me had them all beat. But as usual, the main players had the software updated within a week of official DVD release.

AnyDVD works with a host of programs either on-the-fly or ripping with it's included ripper or with a program such as DVD Decrypter. A bunch of the name programs are compatible with AnyDVD. So, there's a lot of possible combinations to get a DVD backup done.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  9. Nice328

Nice328 Member

Yes. Agree with PacMan777. Will use Rip4Me to become "know how" like you guys. SO far I have no problem making good copies to enjoy.

Very helpful site here indeed.

Nice328