1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink 3.1.6 Question....

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sledman2, Feb 23, 2004.

1. sledman2

sledman2 Member

I'm a newbie to DVD backups and I have the latest version of DVDShrink3.1.6 as well as Nero6.3...I have backed up Austin Powers Goldmember to my hard drive using DVDShrink I also wrote it to a DVD-RW which worked fine in my Apex AC-1200.My question is how do I use the files in the folder shrink created to create another dvd?I've followed ScubaPete's instructions found elsewhere here but my version of dvdshrink doesn't create audio_ts or video_ts folders.There is no checkbox in this version to turn this option on or am I just slow?I tried to use Nero Recode to burn the files in this folder to a DVD+r.It burned but will not play in my Apex player or my PS2 but will play in my DVDdrive.Can anyone lead me in the right direction?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Yep, me, I can do it, Ooohhhh, can I do it, Pleease, Pleeeease, can I do it ? Pick me ?

OK, OK, Here we go - all the files from the other Shrink should have been in a folder named VIDEO_TS. If they are not - no worries, Name a folder VIDEO_TS (written just like that, in CAPs)

Then follow "Uncle" Pete's directions to de letter and you'll be soooooo good even your inlaws will love ya - (well, maybe not LOVE, but they'll like ya a little, really)

OK, OK - So they'll still hate your guts but you'll have this neat, really kool, working DVD and that's alright isn't it, yes it is, I thought you would think so - - -

Sleep, little baby, dream about these nice, pretty, easy directions - - - - -
    Do not use Nero Wizard.
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose DVD. Directly under that click on the DVD Video Icon. Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen.
    You now are in the DVD Video window. In the left screen, click VIDEO_TS. In the File Browser screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the VIDEO_TS folder, the one you made in the beginning, holding your work and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, and then click “OK” and now ? “Burn you sweet thing, Burn Baby, Burn !” ” “Let me hear you say it, Who’s your Daddy Now ???”
    (Wheeew, now I need a cigarette)

Guess what my Friend ?? You are done !!!

STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER ! !

Go and have your coffee, when Nero is done, she will let you know ;-))

Enjoy, “Pete”

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  3. IMMENO

IMMENO Guest

i have a question about nero. i thought rather than make a new thread, i'd just ask here. are older versions of nero (i got 5.5 today from a friend) compatible with dvd shrink?

4. sledman2

sledman2 Member

Thanks Pete...your instructions worked great...but the dvd still wont play on my Apex standalone or my PS2....Is this because the dont like +r media?The only other dvd I've got to work in the Apex was a -rw.That disc wont play in the PS2 either.The media is Maxell.I made the mistake of buying a bunch at once at walmart.Guess I'll take em back and get a few -r discs instead.I like the +r discs cause my burner is a Plextor 708 and it burns +R at 8x but if I can't play em them they aint no good,eh

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

sledman2,

You hit the head directly on the nail,you'll want minus (-) to make them like you :)

"P"

6. askyew

askyew Regular member

sledman 2 my sons PS 2 plays any type of media that I burn +R,-R,+-RW so I find your statement that yours wont a bit troubling. I bought it for him Chritmas of 02 and it plays all media as well as my sony dvd player. I cant figure why yours wont I live in the US by the way and the media I use is TDK.

7. sledman2

sledman2 Member

well I got some dvd-r's from wally world and now they will play in my standalone Apex player but still no go in my PS2.The PS2 is Model #scph-39001 if thats any help to anyone

8. IMMENO

IMMENO Guest

i think i read something once (fairly recently) about PS2 39001 not being compatible with burned dvds... if i were you id be happy it works in the standalone.

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I call that a 50% improvement - quality media is worth it :)

"P"

10. sledman2

sledman2 Member

I'm such a dolt..it turns out my kid had moved my PS2 and did not remember to hook it all back up.Now it plays both +r and -r dvds...D'oh

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

OK, OK, 100% improvement ! !

"P"

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

some thing to note my fine fellow afterdawners!

not all PS2 consoles have the same bios! infact there are quite a few! so with this knowledge it may help with he problems incurred?

laters

Suit you sir OWH yes suit you!