1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink Burning Troubles

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by GRHoppy30, Apr 6, 2005.

1. GRHoppy30

GRHoppy30 Member

Hello, I have gone to many people with this question, and I have never been able to figure out a straight answer, so I figured I'd come to the masters themselves. I know how to run DVDShrink to my own standards and have saved many files to my hard drive. Then when I have tried the many times to burn the movies to dvds with RecordNow (which was included with my PC), but I can only save the files in question to the discs, I can't make them actual video files for use in DVD players. I have DVDShrink 3.2, DVD Decrypter (just dl'ed, never experimented) and RecordNow 6.0. I one of you can provide me with a walkthrough to transfer my saved files to Dvd's that can be viewed in a player, I would be very very grateful. thank you very much!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

GRHoppy30,
    Welcome to the forum. The instructions below should let you burn using DVDDecrypter if my memory is correct

1. Make a folder on your Desktop> call it Rip Movies

2. Insert Movie in either DVD burner or DVD-Rom and click cancel when it asks you what to use to open the movie

3. Open DVD Shrink> click Open Disc> Shrink does quick analysis

4. Movie Only Option

a. Go to Re-author and Click

b. Under Main movie slide the main movie to the left under DVD Structure

c. You can now remove the languages you do not want and the audio you do not want.

5. Go to Edit and click Preferences. Now you will see a Blue Box that says -" DVD-5(4.7 g.b.). Now Change that to Custom and to the right of that change the # to 4300. This will not now let you burn to the outer rim.

6. Look under File I/O and make sure" Enable Burning with Nero" does not have a check mark in the box.

7. Click Select Backup Target > click" Iso Image file and burn with DVDDecrypter"

8. Select Target Image File> Browse>Desktop> Rip Movie ( file you made)

9. click O.K

10. It will now do analysis and then encode the movie and automatically burn with DVDDecrypter

I did this from memory and I'll check it when I get home but I think it is correct. DVDDecrypter is free as you know. Sorry I have never used the other program

Last edited: Apr 6, 2005
  3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I have RecordNow DX, I'm going to assume you have the same one if it came with your PC. Here's how I do it:

Select Burn Data disc
    Now find your VIDEO_TS folder
    Burn the entire folder (don't open it and burn its contents, burn the folder itself).

Hopefully that helps you

4. GRHoppy30

GRHoppy30 Member

Thanks Mike, it worked fine. It must've had to do with changing the number. Thanks Again!