1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink chokes on disney DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by daimyo, Oct 22, 2004.

1. daimyo

daimyo Member

OK I know this is Disney and all, but I am trying to backup my DVD of Freaky Friday (the Jodie Foster one)
    having successfully ripped it to my HD when I try to open the file in DVDShrink, shrink just chokes...
    ANy idea what's going on here?

2. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

I have copied just about all the Disney movies with out a problem. Just use re-author. Drag it from the right pane to the left, let it analyze, click on compression and remove want you don't want. I use decrypter to burn. I don't understand why most people try to copy the whole DISNEY disk anyway unless they enjoy 10 minutes of upcoming movies from 5 years ago!

3. daimyo

daimyo Member

Ya know, I am starting to wonder if some people read the questions here before they answer...To repeat:

WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THE FILE IN DVDSHRINK, SHRINK JUST CHOKES...I mean it's awfully hard to use a program that
    won't let you open the file into it, much less WORK, right?

Further info: I have successfully ripped/ authored/ reauthored over 200 DVDs at this point, using a combination of decrypter, shrink, NVE, Nero Burning ROM -or individually- as the case warrants. That's what makes this so puzzling...decrypt does fine, no read errors or blockage. The only thing I did find puzzling was that the DVD tried to foist it's own media player on to my PC...very offensive, that! I already got 4!
    NEXT!

4. colw

colw Active member

If I remember correctly, its the Interactual player that tries to take over. My solution was ignore this, open movie with program such as PowerDVD - skip through the chapters to ensure all was working fine and then open DVD Shrink and load file - I had no problem copying using this method.

Think the Interactual player causes some confusion with Shrink - try the method above.