1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvdShrink Compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lwolf1313, Nov 26, 2007.

1. lwolf1313

lwolf1313 Member

Hopefully someone can help. When I use dvdshrink to copy a dvd, whenever I have the option checked to use "Compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation" the disk is unplayable in my home player, however it will play on my computers dvd-rom drive. If I uncheck that option the disk plays fine,,, any ideas???

2. lwolf1313

lwolf1313 Member

Here is an update to my problem, it is not only when that option is checked, it is whenever I used dvdshrink the disk copies and burns normally without any error but does not play in my home player. When I use a different buring player the dvd plays fine. Previously I used shrink for over 2000 dvd backups without a problem, any ideas????

3. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Media? Burning Program?

4. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  5. lwolf1313

lwolf1313 Member

Using Nero to burn and using the same media I have been using, Verbatim or Sony -R's.

6. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Well it seems the problem is Nero. I'd probably just use ImgBurn. Or you could find the 'Nero cleanout tool', delete Nero with it and re-install Nero. Have you installed any updates recently (Nero, Windows, codecs, etc.)?

7. lwolf1313

lwolf1313 Member

Well a few weeks ago I did a clean install of Vista and than installed the Vista codec pack. I am currently running Nero 8114. Prior to doing the clean install I would get the BSD when using Shrink with the compress video option checked.