1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdshrink doesn't shrink pirates of the caribbean

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hddy, Dec 3, 2003.

1. hddy

hddy Member

it says i have to take out some features, if i don't the output file is like 4.9gb. i never had this problem before w/ any other dvd's, if the dvd was too big it would shrink everything down to fit on a dvd-r, i wouldn't have to remove stuff. i thought that's the purpose of dvdshrink?! any solutions? it is version 3 beta 5, the latest on their site.

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

you can't take features out of dvd's with shrink unless you reauthor. You can take out different audio streams and stuff like that. If you want all the menus and stuff like that, you can play around with the various compressions of the extras to make it fit.

3. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

hddy, DVD Shrink has a limitation as to how much compression it can apply.
    Please read dvdshrink's post in the following thread for more info:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26603

Whether you used "Re-author" or not (because you wanted to keep everything, including the menus), here is a possible workaround.
    Simply run the "shrunk" files through DVD Shrink a second time. ;)

Also, how many titles are there in the "Pirates of the caribbean" DVD Shrink "Movie" folder?
    If more than one, un-checking "View >> Combine shared titles" might help when re-authoring.

4. wardair

wardair Member

backed up pirates with dvd shrink and burned it with nero
    took out some sub titles and different languages

good luck hope you get it to work

5. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

Hi hddy
    I had to re-author the movie twice to select the main movie to copy. For the first time in trying to shrink with the re-author the main movie files go larger not small in the process. That is way I re-authored it twice. I still need to do a comparison before deciding I have the movie I want as a backup. - RW are handy discs to have

6. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

This is because you dragged more than one title to the "New DVD" pane.
    As I previously suggested, uncheck "View >> Combine shared titles", than drag only the first title. ;)

7. Mahogany

Mahogany Guest

i used dvd xcopy platinum or dvd xcopy xpress i had no problem with pirates of the carrib. already made 4 copies

8. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

"i used dvd xcopy platinum or dvd xcopy xpress i had no problem with pirates of the carrib. [bold]already made 4 copies[/bold]"
    Mahogany, unless you want to be accused of "pirating" and be warned/banned from these forums, that's the kind of statements you should avoid making. ;)

9. mpapa

mpapa Guest

I tried to copy Pirates with DVD Xcopy Xpress and it failed. It gives an error when starting to copy to the blank disc.

10. ocostich

ocostich Member

The DVDXCopy forum has numerous reports that Platinum won't back up POC

11. r0cket

r0cket Guest

How long did it take you to burn this DVD? I'm new to this whole process so I'm not sure how to do it exactly but, on average, how long would it take to make a movie?

12. RWG

RWG Regular member

I did POC tonight using DVD Shrink 2.3 in Reauthor. You'll see a single 7+Gig file and 31 others in the 10-300Meg range in the Main Movie. I compressed and burned the one 7Gig file. Burned it w/ Nero 6. Run time of copy = original movie.

ddlooping, there are "1,32" files in the Main Movie.

RWG