1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdshrink/dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kathbeans, Sep 19, 2004.

1. kathbeans

kathbeans Guest

I used dvdshrink and then used dvd decrypter to make a back-up of my dvd's. It said burn was successfully completed but now the disc will not play in my computer or dvd player. I use dvd+r discs. I've had all kinds of problems with dvd xcopy so I heard this was a good way to make back-up copies, but I can't get the burn copy to work. Any suggestion? Thanks
    I also tried burning with nero but then I had a finalizing error so I tried decrypter and it said it was successful but will not play.

2. Molder

Molder Regular member

Kathbeans,
    Just follow the DVD Decrypter guide, it only works for DVD smaller than 4.7GB. DVD shrink is a different program and will work with/on DVD larger than 4.7GB.

You don't use them both together as you sort of indicate in your post.

Just follow the guides for both programs, they both work well.

M

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Molder.... you can use decrypter and shrink together if you wish. You can use decrypter's burning engine to burn an ISO file created by shrink, since shrink doesn't burn on it's own.

kathbeans... What brand of media are you using? Some players don't like the taste of generic brands of media and won't read them. Does your DVD player support +R discs?

[​IMG]

4. kathbeans

kathbeans Guest

dvd player supports +r discs. Used to make copies with dvdxcopy until I had all kinds of problems with that. Now I can get it to work and play on my computer but I can't get the movie to play on any dvd players. Any idea what the problem would be? I've played dvd+r discs before and now it won't work.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Make/model burner? Firmware version?

Brand/type media?

6. Molder

Molder Regular member

Thanks zippyd, not thought about doin that.
    M

7. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Molder...
    That's what we're here for.
    Also, rarely shrink will be stubborn about a movie and you'll have to rip with decrypter first and then send it to shrink.

[​IMG]

8. regor

regor Regular member

Hi Zippyd - Not sure what you mean by "since shrink doesn't burn on it's own"... I have shrink 3.2 and Nero 6 Ultra and 'shrink' automagically burns. the assumption I make is that if it sees a compatable burning program avaialble it'll use it, eh?

Please confirm or otherwise..... R

9. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

regor you are correct. Shrink has no burning engine but will recognize 3 different burn programs and burn with any of those if you enable it to. The three are: Nero, DVD Decrypter, and CopytoDVD.

[​IMG]